Aero Glass Tweaker GUI for Win8 v1.3.2

ORelio

Again, if you want to use AeroGlass for the purpose different from testing then you should not use it now and wait for final version. Yeah, you can also patch SetTimer as Blackbird256 suggest but 1) it will break other things too and 2) if you are able to do it, then you should probably patch directly DWM and write glass yourself. It will be match better than cracking some software. :whistle:

That popup is annoying and only irritates people. Isnt the best testing where people can run the software all day to see if normal activity will break it or create conflicts? How is the testing made more meaningful if people are discouraged from using it for longer than 5 or 30 minutes at a time?

What I'm reading between the lines in the responses is that because so many have asked for it to be removed, now you aren't going to back down because there's some (mysterious) lesson people need to be taught.

Edited by mvd

Isnt the best testing where people can run the software all day to see if normal activity will break it or create conflicts?

This is true, BUT only after the code development has gotten past a certain stage. In the earlier stages, as a code developer and debugger, when you already know that there are problem areas you are trying to resolve, it is easier, and faster in the long run, to concentrate on specific circumstances to try and narrow down what is causing the issues and to test whether a proposed change will fix the problem. Once those types of problems have been resolved, then it absolutely makes sense to test for longer periods of time to see if different unforeseen issues pop up. I'm sure that bigmuscle will want longer test periods when the time is right, for HIM.

Cheers and Regards

I haven't seen the pop-up too often - but I also use a heavy firewall.

My thoughts on this issue:

The thing is either make a paid app and give support to your customers or make it freeware without any warranty.

A nag screen on some demo-ware is not really cool, especially if you don't give people a chance to buy the app or do something to stop the nagging.

A nag screen on some demo-ware is not really cool, especially if you don't give people a chance to buy the app or do something to stop the nagging.

The nagging will stop when the app is ready to be officially released. Until then, as you say, you can consider this "demo-ware" that is not meant to be left running. Consider yourself lucky that bigmuscle was kind enough to give you a peek at the possibilities.

Remember, when bigmuscle first proposed this project, he fully warned everyone that this was a work in process that was not ready for prime time. But everyone has acted like this is a ready-to-go commercial project and they are finding bugs and they are demanding they be fixed - as if it's his fault it doesn't work correctly on their system. If you are not prepared to try the software for a couple of hours and give bigmuscle constructive feedback, then don't install it. Just wait until he officially releases it. At that point, and not until then, all the complaints of the inconveniences of popups and no installer will be legitimate ones.

Cheers and Regards

I haven't seen the pop-up too often - but I also use a heavy firewall.

My thoughts on this issue:

The thing is either make a paid app and give support to your customers or make it freeware without any warranty.

Again, again and again: there are no ready product here, all what you found here is only for triyng. That's why you are have popup's or another (believe me, it may have another problems because of not ready product, security, for example). Wait until program will be ended.

P.S. About popup's: if you don't recieve popups every hour, you are don'nt use latest beta of this program - may be you use cracked/fixed version? It's not supported!

@ORelio: Big Thanks for this Programm.

Can you include a regulator for window frame-width? In Win8 very big. (This is the Key: HCU\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics-"PaddedBorderWidth".) I change Data to "-15" to small Size, same Win7. ;)

By Include a Key HCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM-"AnimationsShiftKey"=dword:00000001 you can show Windows-Animations (for example minimize) in Slow-Motion by holding the Shift-Key. ;)

regards

Sorry for my englisch.

That's why you are have popup's or another (believe me, it may have another problems because of not ready product, security, for example). Wait until program will be ended.

P.S. About popup's: if you don't recieve popups every hour, you are don'nt use latest beta of this program - may be you use cracked/fixed version? It's not supported!

WOW, lol @ the defensive attitude. I just posted my thoughts.

I do not use a "cracked" or "fixed" version as there is nothing to fix or crack. I wouldn't know how to do that and for what purpose.

I just didn't see the popups until the 1.2.2 version was released for some reason.

I don't know why.

Edited by Dahaka

Please don't feed the trolls, this is a new member who has only come here to annoy you, he has nothing better to do, just feel sorry for his pathetic existence and carry on.

Please don't feed the trolls, this is a new member who has only come here to annoy you, he has nothing better to do, just feel sorry for his pathetic existence and carry on.

If speaking out an honest and personal opinion (which does not offend or call names on anyone) is frowned upon here, then there's no need to insult me.

I won't even bother to post here again. I expected more from MrGrim as I have seen his involvement on many Windows interface enhancements projects, like

themes and start buttons.

Edited by Dahaka

Here is a new release of AGTweaker, probably the last one before the final version of BigMuscle's DWMGlass :

agtweaker13.png

Changelog :

[*] Interface rearranged

[*] Fixed registry key for native Blur (thanks CKyHC)

[+] Added setting for Narrow window frames (thanks goldi)

[+] Added Custom Resource loading

[+] More command line settings

If speaking out an honest and personal opinion (which does not offend or call names on anyone) is frowned upon here, then there's no need to insult me.

I won't even bother to post here again. I expected more from MrGrim as I have seen his involvement on many Windows interface enhancements projects, like

themes and start buttons.

I think you have nothing to do there, leave us....