Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Aero Glass Tweaker GUI for Win8 v1.3.2

• Please log in to reply
314 replies to this topic

DosProbie

DosProbie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Donator

There's already a changelog in the first post but why not ;)

Great! Sounds like a plan..BTW If you need me to update the version number on my installer let me know and I will send it over to you..

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

ORelio

ORelio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
I'm using the archive you provided and replacing AGTweaker + Readme.txt for each update, currently.
If you want to change something in the installer, just provide the updated one and I'll use it for the next release !

CKyHC

CKyHC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
Autostart function in versions later 1.0.2 work for me strange: computer starts, in metro ui i press 'Enter' to load desktop (desktop link 1st on metro ui), after autorun of AGTweaker desktop switch to metro ui ((((. In version 1.0.2 all was fine with it. I've tried to not press 'Enter' on metro ui and after boot i wait in metri ui, but nothing happens. Press 'Enter' and in desktop was dialog from DWMLoader (where 'Ok' need to press), agtweaker continue to load dwm (press 'ok', enable sound etc.) and after loading DWM i switched to metro ui again :(.

P.S. Sorry for my english )
P.P.S. Thanks for your work!

Edited by CKyHC, 03 March 2013 - 02:59 AM.

ORelio

ORelio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
Are you trying to explain that the Metro UI does not work when using the last version of AGTweaker ? Or Metro UI automatically re-open itself after loading Aero ?

CKyHC

CKyHC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
2nd, after loading aero Metro UI re-opens.

ORelio

ORelio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
Did you enable the HideCMD workaround ?

CKyHC

CKyHC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
No.

ORelio

ORelio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
Ok, so I'm releasing a new version with a box "Use mouse dialog skipping method (recommended)".
If you uncheck it, AGTweaker will use the 1.0.2 dialog skipping method which use keypresses instead of mouse.

Posted Image

CKyHC

CKyHC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
Thanks! When I uncheck box "Use mouse...", autostart became normal for me. Maybe Start 8 causes my problem. Or my mouse (A4Tech X-750F) with installed drivers and panel for additional mause keys. Anyway, i think this can be usefull for anyone else. Thank you again!

Edited by CKyHC, 05 March 2013 - 01:48 PM.

ORelio

ORelio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
Glad to see that your problem is solved :)

CKyHC

CKyHC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
Version 0.5 is out. Please make gui for new version.

cassades

cassades
  • Members
  • 4 posts

It does not work with the new version got some weird artifacts

DosProbie

DosProbie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Donator

It does not work with the new version got some weird artifacts

0.5 Preview With Tweaker are Working Great on my System! No Problems ..
Must be a end user issue..B)

Edited by DosProbie, 10 March 2013 - 12:28 PM.

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

Aero Glass for Win8 developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Practically, it can't work, because 0.5 uses different registry keys than any previous version.

CKyHC

CKyHC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Practically, it can't work, because 0.5 uses different registry keys than any previous version.

It's true, but autostart is working )))

ORelio

ORelio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

OK so I updated the registry keys to fit the new preview in AGTweaker 1.1.5. Thanks for your work bigbuscle :)

Edited by ORelio, 10 March 2013 - 02:14 PM.

DosProbie

DosProbie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Donator

OK so I updated the registry keys to fit the new preview in AGTweaker 1.1.5. Thanks for your work bigbuscle :)

Thanks for Tweaker Update ORelio..
Still works fine for me with either version 1.1.3 or 1.1.5! B)

Edited by DosProbie, 11 March 2013 - 04:37 AM.

cassades

cassades
  • Members
  • 4 posts
thanks

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 5,761 posts

Donator

the tool has an issue, when you start it the first time. It fails to read the required config values and displays an unhandled exception.

ORelio

ORelio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
Oh, I saw this error, but as the issue was gone when restarting, I thought it was specific to my computer.

I have an idea of how the issue appears: the application tries to open the DWM registry key for reading, and for writing. If the key does not exist, then it will cause an error while trying to open it for reading, but the next statement creates the key and then the error should disappear on next launch...

So if I open the key for writing first and reading next, the issue should disappear. I made the change on the source code so it should be solved on next release :)

MarcOo

MarcOo
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Hello,

I just subscribe for feedback.

AGT doesn't work for me. It crashes and I have many difficulties to remove the pop up of Aero Glass whic says we use this software at own risk (I click on Ok again and again and again... to finally have Win7 interface or nothing, just a PC who lose half of functionalities because they have been shutted down, normally ten about applications are in taskbar, after AGT, 2 remains).
Ex7ForW8 crashed too : I can only unlog but not rebbot or stop the computer.
Finally, it dosn't start with Windows (I bypass Metro and go directly to the desktop)

I joined the crash and debug logs taken from DWM folder if it can help...

Attached Files

Edited by MarcOo, 12 March 2013 - 04:09 PM.

ORelio

ORelio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
Hmm, first of all, have you tried to use the Aero Glass Preview without AGTweaker ?
If so, does it work without AGTweaker ? If not, please report the crash & debug log to bigmuscle (not me)
If it works without AGTweaker, try to use the old dialog skipping method and disable the HideCMD workaround.
If you cannot shutdown your computer that's because the provided password was incorrect, so explorer.exe could not be restarted under your own credentials and has limited capabilities.
Note that the Start With Windows setting need administrator rights to be enabled, and the limited explorer cannot launch admin apps (UAC Prompt is not displayed and the app is launched as normal user)
To regain full explorer.exe capabilities, please log off and log back to your windows account.

... I Hope that this has helped you to find the issue.

Edited by ORelio, 13 March 2013 - 04:45 AM.

pengipete

pengipete

Junior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
Orelio...

I believe there's a bug in V1.1.5.

The Aero Glass values that belong in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM are being created in and read from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\DWM by AGTweaker - so they are actually NOT being applied to Aero Glass. As far as I can see, that means that AG is always running in D2Dmode regardless of what AGTWeaker says (or "thinks") it is doing.

I've also found that - on my laptop, at least - the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM "folder" was completely missing - which I have reported to BigMuscle as a possible bug in his application.

MarcOo

MarcOo
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Hmm, first of all, have you tried to use the Aero Glass Preview without AGTweaker ?
If so, does it work without AGTweaker ? If not, please report the crash & debug log to bigmuscle (not me)
If it works without AGTweaker, try to use the old dialog skipping method and disable the HideCMD workaround.
If you cannot shutdown your computer that's because the provided password was incorrect, so explorer.exe could not be restarted under your own credentials and has limited capabilities.
Note that the Start With Windows setting need administrator rights to be enabled, and the limited explorer cannot launch admin apps (UAC Prompt is not displayed and the app is launched as normal user)
To regain full explorer.exe capabilities, please log off and log back to your windows account.

... I Hope that this has helped you to find the issue.

Hi,

Aero glass works without AGT. I disabled HIDECMD and used the old dialog skipping method : it works. No problems.
If I enabled the HideCMD, I have the problems of log off whereas my account has administrator's rights and i don't have password (i never configure any password on my computer)
It stills doesn't start with windows. I think it is because the key is not in the good place in registry, I am under x64 and startup keys are in Wow6432Node (of HKLM or HKCU)

Edited by MarcOo, 13 March 2013 - 10:37 AM.

CKyHC

CKyHC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
For me, 1.15 works normal, at least autostart function.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN