Aero Glass Tweaker GUI for Win8 v1.3.2

ORelio

Indeed, I re-read the last posts and when setting the DeviceFeatureLevel registry key to 9300 it works for me too. I'll update the GUI, then.

While waiting for the update you may want to change the registry key using this regfile :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]
"DeviceFeatureLevel"=dword:00009300

Save it with notepad as a .reg file, then apply it and preview 4 should work.

AGTweaker 1.1 is not designed for this preview, however you still can use it with preview 4.

ForceBoundingRectangleRedraw and Disabling Debug Logs are the only broken settings.

Edited by ORelio

it seems to be that key that has given all the problems - for many 9300 has not worked - 9100 seems better - thats what worked for me - so can this be something you add as an adjustable setting

it seems to be that key that has given all the problems - for many 9300 has not worked - 9100 seems better - thats what worked for me - so can this be something you add as an adjustable setting

yep the new aero didnt wk for me either , so went back to old, Maybe the next AGTwk could have a option for custom setting either 9100, 9200 or 9300 ...just a thought

Found this on the MSDN documentation :

typedef enum D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL { 
D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_9_1 = 0x9100,
D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_9_2 = 0x9200,
D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_9_3 = 0x9300,
D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_10_0 = 0xa000,
D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_10_1 = 0xa100,
D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_11_0 = 0xb000,
D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_11_1 = 0xb100
} D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL;

9100 seems to be the lowest possible value and B100 the max value.

I'll add them as an adjustable setting.

Found this on the MSDN documentation :

typedef enum D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL { 
D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_9_1 = 0x9100,
D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_9_2 = 0x9200,
D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_9_3 = 0x9300,
D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_10_0 = 0xa000,
D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_10_1 = 0xa100,
D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_11_0 = 0xb000,
D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_11_1 = 0xb100
} D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL;

9100 seems to be the lowest possible value and B100 the max value.

I'll add them as an adjustable setting.

Great ... Sounds good Thanks!:thumbup

Here we are, the update for preview 4 is out :)

agtweaker112.png

As the "Debug Log" registry key is ignored by the new preview, I added an autoclean feature to the GUI.

Edited by ORelio

Haha, indeed, funny bug : the "Preview Only!!!" dialog autoskip makes the mouse automatically click on that checkbox, which causes the dialog to appear. Fixed in 1.1.3, sorry for the inconvenience.

There's already a changelog in the first post but why not ;)

Great! Sounds like a plan..BTW If you need me to update the version number on my installer let me know and I will send it over to you..

I'm using the archive you provided and replacing AGTweaker + Readme.txt for each update, currently.

If you want to change something in the installer, just provide the updated one and I'll use it for the next release !

Autostart function in versions later 1.0.2 work for me strange: computer starts, in metro ui i press 'Enter' to load desktop (desktop link 1st on metro ui), after autorun of AGTweaker desktop switch to metro ui ((((. In version 1.0.2 all was fine with it. I've tried to not press 'Enter' on metro ui and after boot i wait in metri ui, but nothing happens. Press 'Enter' and in desktop was dialog from DWMLoader (where 'Ok' need to press), agtweaker continue to load dwm (press 'ok', enable sound etc.) and after loading DWM i switched to metro ui again :(.

P.S. Sorry for my english )

P.P.S. Thanks for your work!

Edited by CKyHC

Are you trying to explain that the Metro UI does not work when using the last version of AGTweaker ? Or Metro UI automatically re-open itself after loading Aero ?