Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

KernelEx v4.5.2 flash 11.6.602.168

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

loblo

loblo

Oldbie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Well, it seems not everything works with Flash. For instance, the MySpace audio player doesn't work, it keeps on "connecting" to the stream but nothing ever happens. And it works with no version of Flash I tried, down to version 10. Version 9 which is compatible with vanilla 9x is unable to load the player itself.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Nomen

Nomen

• PipPip
  • 191 posts
Here's another flash issue that I have. Once in a while (perhaps once out of every 10 or 20 times that I boot up this win-98 PC) I get this error message during boot-up:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program c:\windows\system\macromed\flash\flashutil32_11_6_602_171 plugin.exe
R6025
- pure virtual function call
(ok)

With that error message still on-screen, I run CCTask and sure enough, the above-mentioned flash EXE file is one of the processes running on the computer. I open msconfig look at the startup list - and see no evidence that flash had somehow inserted itself into the list. I run regedit, and search the registry for all occurances of "flashutil32" and again I don't see how or why that program would have been running as part of the boot-up sequence.

I dismiss the error and I get one final error about flashutil32_11_6_602_171.exe causing an illegal function call in module FPB.TMP. I do a search and find 6 copies of that file, each in it's own serialized subdirectory in windows\temp. Feb 22, March 13, 21, 28, April 4, 11.

The files are all 468 kb in size, and appear to be .exe files. File info says:

Description: Adobe flash Player Helper 11.6.r602
File version: 11.6.602.171

Any explanation?

Edited by Nomen, 11 April 2013 - 06:12 PM.

Nomen

Nomen

• PipPip
  • 191 posts
Does anyone have a more recent version of flash 11.6.602.171 running on their win-98/me system? I've been trying to swap npswf32.dll for a more recent version (11.7 or 11.8) with no luck. I've been reading that the file flashplayer.xpt might also be needed, but I can't find a download package containing that file (or at least an 11.7 or 11.8 package containing that file). I've renamed my existing .xpt file and my current flash version works just fine, so I don't know what role the xpt file plays. My current version of the DLL file is set to Win-2000 compatibility mode in Kex, if that matters.

schwups

schwups

schwups

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Here's another flash issue that I have. Once in a while (perhaps once out of every 10 or 20 times that I boot up this win-98 PC) I get this error message during boot-up:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program c:\windows\system\macromed\flash\flashutil32_11_6_602_171 plugin.exe
R6025
- pure virtual function call
(ok)

With that error message still on-screen, I run CCTask and sure enough, the above-mentioned flash EXE file is one of the processes running on the computer. I open msconfig look at the startup list - and see no evidence that flash had somehow inserted itself into the list. I run regedit, and search the registry for all occurances of "flashutil32" and again I don't see how or why that program would have been running as part of the boot-up sequence.

I dismiss the error and I get one final error about flashutil32_11_6_602_171.exe causing an illegal function call in module FPB.TMP. I do a search and find 6 copies of that file, each in it's own serialized subdirectory in windows\temp. Feb 22, March 13, 21, 28, April 4, 11.

The files are all 468 kb in size, and appear to be .exe files. File info says:

Description: Adobe flash Player Helper 11.6.r602
File version: 11.6.602.171

Any explanation?

Probably the automatic Flash update fails. I seem to remember the error occurs not before an update is available.

lolnousernameforyou

lolnousernameforyou

• 36 posts
I cant even get flash to work if its above flash 9 :(

Edited by lolnousernameforyou, 26 August 2013 - 09:40 PM.

schwups

schwups

schwups

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

http://kernelex.sour...be_Flash_Player

lolnousernameforyou

lolnousernameforyou

• 36 posts

http://kernelex.sour...be_Flash_Player

K thanks :)

Edited by lolnousernameforyou, 28 August 2013 - 08:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN