Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

blackwingcat

SSL SHA-2 with IE6SP1

7 posts in this topic

They are SSA-2(256bit) Encrypted pages.

This page is for TEST SHA256 SSL Certificate.

Test page with SHA-256 signed certificate

Security Communication RootCA2 TEST WEB SITE BY SECOM

Can your Internet Explorer display them ? :)

8eb1ad4e.png

At first you must check Internet option 'Use TLS 1.0'.

(and You must install extended kernel v2.3a.)

5a7b8d6d.png

It shows the dialog When you access there.

9770bf1a.png

It is sha1RSA :)

0a116cb0.png

I can display it :thumbup

Edited by blackwingcat

No :no:

Sha2 isn't properly supported and Microsoft realeased a hotfix for XP and windows 2003.

More info there and there.

It works now :)

But who uses IE6 anyway? Even on my website which is related specifically to Windows 2000 only 3% of users use it.

I think that it requires that the application which use HttpOpenRequest and so on in wininet.dll when it accesses SHA-2 service. :rolleyes:

It works now :)

But who uses IE6 anyway? Even on my website which is related specifically to Windows 2000 only 3% of users use it.

I installed the English(v2.4b6) Kernel.  It did fix the SHA-2 issue in IE6.  However, it breaks the IIS service.  When I try to open the IIS Manager, I get the following error: "The specified disk or diskette cannot be accessed".   If I uninstall v2.4b6, IIS works again.   Any recommendation on how I can get IIS to work with v2.4b6 installed?

I installed the English(v2.4b6) Kernel.  It did fix the SHA-2 issue in IE6.  However, it breaks the IIS service.  When I try to open the IIS Manager, I get the following error: "The specified disk or diskette cannot be accessed".   If I uninstall v2.4b6, IIS works again.   Any recommendation on how I can get IIS to work with v2.4b6 installed?

Did you try also v2.4G b6  ?