• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
DosProbie

~ Need Shortcut Path Name to a few of the Metro Apps ~

12 posts in this topic

I have most of the metro shortcut's but I Can Not find the following 5 App shortcut names below.

this is the shortcut format that I use: %windir%\system32\cmd.exe /c start "" "AppName:" && exit

bingcalender – Calendar (the wlcalendar will not work)

bingcamera – Camera

bingphotos - Photos

bingreader - Reader

bingskydrive - Skydrive

If anyone has the shortcuts to post,pm or paths I would appreciate it..

Thanks, DosProbie :D

With StartIsBack 2.0, you may just copy shortcuts from Start Apps (right-click - Copy - go to Desktop or folder you need shortcut - Paste shortcut). :whistle:

With StartIsBack 2.0, you may just copy shortcuts from Start Apps (right-click - Copy - go to Desktop or folder you need shortcut - Paste shortcut). :whistle:

Thanks Tihiy, I just tried that and it copies shortcut just fine to desktop, how would I pin to Taskbar tho?

Thanks Tihiy, I just tried that and it copies shortcut just fine to desktop, how would I pin to Taskbar tho?

Unfortunately, you can't (yet). Metro apps don't belong there.

Ah nice Tihiy. StartIsBack creates a shell namespace extension for Metro apps. Smart. :D Btw @OP, if you don't mind using the free OblyTile, using it we can pin a shortcut to a Metro app to the Taskbar. Here's how: http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-pin-modern-metro-apps-to-the-taskbar/

Ah nice Tihiy. StartIsBack creates a shell namespace extension for Metro apps. Smart. :D Btw @OP, if you don't mind using the free OblyTile, using it we can pin a shortcut to a Metro app to the Taskbar. Here's how: http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-pin-modern-metro-apps-to-the-taskbar/

Seems to me that this ability/behavior of OblyTile might be a good future option for StartIsBack. (and/or ClassicShell :) )

EDIT: By the way, for other's convenience since it took a little bit for me to find it, the "home" location for OblyTile seems to be here, with the download page here.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

Seems to me that this ability/behavior of OblyTile might be a good future option for StartIsBack.
StartIsBack will provide it if/when it makes Modern apps belong to taskbar (like ModernMix does).

Seems to me that this ability/behavior of OblyTile might be a good future option for StartIsBack.
StartIsBack will provide it if/when it makes Modern apps belong to taskbar (like ModernMix does).

I assume you mean this? That does look like neat!

Cheers and Regards

Here are 12 Metro app shortcuts (without using any 3rd party tool) for the 8/8.1 taskbar, Just add the "MetroApps" folder to your Systemdrive or C: drive then right-click and choose "Pin to Taskbar".

Enjoy.DP :sneaky:

Apps_8_1_TB.png

I've spent EXTREMELY little time in the Start screen with Windows 8.1 (just time to remove everything, really, since I don't use Metro/Modern and don't want "Apps" using any system resources), but I noticed there is a "Pin to taskbar" entry after right-clicking a tile. Does this not appear for all Apps?

PinToTaskbar.png

-Noel

Good question , I also spend little time with metro apps as well (only set up metro apps for my customers) prefer my tried and true apps like Vlc etc, plus I am usually set up as Admin and as you probably know Metro will error out when set-up that way but I did look at start screen and see the "Unpin from Start" but not the "Pin to taskbar", probably just a oversite..DP :sneaky: