What is this Desktop/Laptop worth?

PROBLEMCHYLD

Thanks submix8c. I don't think these guys got the updated hardware part. I understand its not the most up to date hardware but its far from very old too. It has 2 network cards, 2 graphic cards, 2 DVD burners etc... I also said, that anyone can get a stock system of any brand for $125.00. And, I ask myself, why would I sell the system updated for $125.00, when the stock is worth that. I guess everyone does it differently from city to city, state to state and country to country. Another example is, why do most people think because something new comes out every 6 month/year, the old automatically becomes obsolete? Most companies don't upgrade their systems every 6 month/year because their is no reason for it. I really hate to start using it because, I'll start putting wear on the hardware.

BWAHAHAHA! Wasn't "biting" anything - it was obvious based on the simple "cpuworld compare". (witness the Watts, FSB rqmt i.e. RAM-speed, extra L3-Cache)

The point was some have no $ for a complete system build. If I had the $ I would recycle my E521 and build a Quad Core system. I've been using for the last 3 yrs the PC-Chips listed in the "Greater than 1GB" topic. Good thing Goodwill has a "used computer parts" shop inside - just bought a DVD Burner w/LightScribe+DVD-RAM for $5USD and didn't even have to wait for delivery or pay for it. ;)

*snip*

(back to sorting keep vs recycle - need the room space...)

I saw the "?" marks indeed, but I thought to go in a bit deeper to show other people that read this topic what a better compare is than "CPU-world" junk compare (good for a laugh, that yes ;)). I know some people don't want to spend on a PC, but not having money for it, well, come on, it's the first world over there or what? Here on the other hand, in a relative poor AND expensive country like Mexico, people also don't want to spend on a PC and go for a tablet for 60USD so they can do what normaly people would do on a notebook/PC. here people have to work 2 weeks to get those 125USD together, and after paying for food and rent, there will be 10USD left, taking them 6 months to get those 125USD together. This is why my business is partly based on used hardware. If I want to sell that PC here, I would sell it for 160USD (=2000MXN) but that is just because they are 3 years behind on computer-technology (and compared with the US, that system has a market price of 125USD over there. Besides that, I wonder what parts are "new" as in bought last week, the 9250 and IDE DVD-RWs are not in stock for a long time, the HDD must be from the HP, so is the mobo, CPU, cooler and all too? Simply said, it's used. New stuff with an open box is/has to be sold as "used" on eBay (or get lawsuites that cost more) (yes they use "new-other" on eBay as well, I know).

... 2 graphic cards,... ....I really hate to start using it because, I'll start putting wear on the hardware...

Don't get me wrong, but Bonestone and I are systembuilders so we know the market (he in the USA, me in Mexico (and before in the Netherlands), so we know what a customer would pick/pay in most cases (plus I buy on eBay from people in Canada and the USA as well). I never mend to p*ss in your pocket but wanted to show you the hard truth .

You can't sell it as "2 video cards" as the onboard is just a video out chip with shared RAM so to say. Even when you keep that system stored, the electronics will fail after time, starting with the capacitors (this also Bonestone pointed out) (think about batteries that leak after some time).

To both of you, don't read my comments as negative, read them with a smile please, I´m just trying to help out here. :hello:

• 4 months later...