Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Glitching/Jerking problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

yojimbo

yojimbo
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 01-March 13
Hiya, new member here, and I see there's lots of knowledgeable people on the forums so hopefully I'll be able to find the answer to my problem!

Basically for the past couple days whenever I'm streaming videos or listening to music on youtube, or playing a game, I notice a glitch/jerk where everything freezes or skips for a fraction of a second. It's only started happening in the past couple days and I haven't installed anything new?

Although it only happens for a fraction of a second, it's still very annoying!

Anyway if anyone is able to help I'd very much appreciate it!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 6,031 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

the storport.sys driver causes the glithces:

Total = 110825 for module storport.sys
Elapsed Time, >   131072 usecs AND <=   262144 usecs,      0, or   0.00%
Elapsed Time, >   262144 usecs AND <=   524288 usecs,      6, or   0.01%
Total,                                                110825

read here what this driver is:

http://msdn.microsof...1(v=vs.85).aspx

in addition to the SCSI Port driver, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and later versions provide Storport (storport.sys), a storage port driver that is especially suitable for use with high-performance buses, such as fibre channel buses, and RAID adapters.

There are several advantages to using Storport rather than the SCSI Port driver:

Improved performance, both in terms of throughput and the system resources that are utilized.

Improved miniport driver interface that addresses the needs of high-end storage vendors, particularly host-based RAID and fibre channel vendors.

When I look at the spike, I can see that your Marvel driver (mvs91xx.sys for Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller) causes it:

Attached File  marvel_DPC.png   54.98KB   5 downloads

update the driver and try to sue the SATA port of your Intel chipset instead.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN