Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Vista SP1 Checksum Boot Fail

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Tumps

Tumps

• 42 posts
  • Joined 21-April 06
Doing a fresh install on a laptop. Install Windows Vista Home Premium. Install SP1 from standalone installer. It installs and restarts, then does the boot updates.

Then it restarts again and before I get any sign of Windows I get this error "The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum."

I ran a startup repair and it found nothing. I did a system restore to before SP1 and it did nothing. I ran a full chkdsk on the drive and it found nothing. I re-installed Vista serveral more times after that and tried different downloads of SP1 and each time the same error appears after installing SP1.

Any ideas?

Need more info then please ask!
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit - Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 940
Memory: 8.0GB DDR2 RAM (4x 2GB) - Graphics Card name: 2x nVidia Geforce 9600GT SLi
Hard Drive Size: 1TB + 320GB + 500Gb Network Storage - Keyboard: Logitech G15 Ver.2
Mouse: Logitech MX1000 Wireless Laser Mouse - DirectX Version: 10

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 6,128 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

google for a Vista DVD/ISO which already includes the Sp2

en_windows_vista_sp2_x64_dvd_342267.iso
Posted Image

Tumps

Tumps

• 42 posts
  • Joined 21-April 06
SOLVED:

It appears to have been a faulty stick of ram.

Have changed out the ram and it works.
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit - Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 940
Memory: 8.0GB DDR2 RAM (4x 2GB) - Graphics Card name: 2x nVidia Geforce 9600GT SLi
Hard Drive Size: 1TB + 320GB + 500Gb Network Storage - Keyboard: Logitech G15 Ver.2
Mouse: Logitech MX1000 Wireless Laser Mouse - DirectX Version: 10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users