(SOLVED) high CPU usage on idle (desktop app) (dwm.exe)

vooze

Hello

First of all, I have a "old" MSI GT740 (upgraded win7 to win8) Upgraded HDD to SSD and RAM to 8GB.

Second, here is my problem:

Whenever I close the lid or it goes idle, CPU goes from 1(2) to maybe 20% and the FAN is going crazy. When it leaves idle it goes back to 1-2% in no time.

Here is a screenshot (I had to open the lid, and REALLY fast press the screenshot button, so it was probably a little higher maybe..

post-374953-0-88115500-1362238974_thumb.

As you can see its the desktop "app" thats causing it, for some strange reason. Anyone have some ideas? Its not a BIG DEAL, but a little strange, so I would like it solved, if possible.

I really tryed to google, ask on ##windows (freenode IRC network), MSI forum etc... so this is really my last option.

Edited by vooze

Okay so I found the error (finally after like 3 months) it was Logitech Setpoint software - http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Mice-and-Pointing-Devices/high-cpu-dwm-exe-due-to-setpoint-in-win-8/m-p/926338#M44003

After using process exporer (that I found it the guide) I found it was the dwm.exe file, so I used Google, and found that link.. removing that software solved it. Now the blame is to logitech! Thanks anyway!