Win2000 on AMD Trinity APUs

So I installed Win2k on my new laptop. :yes: It’s a Samsung NP365E5C-S01US with an A8-4500M quad APU /w Radeon HD 7640G

I had to disable AHCI in BIOS else it BSOD.

Drivers:

\ahcix86-2k3_2_1540_53\ahcix86.inf,Napa_i386_ahci8086

\ati1010w2k\CX106098.inf,0

I couldn’t get the video driver to load, so I was stuck at 800x600.

Any success stories?

For AHCI you probably need to use a new driver. I'd suggest that you install the latest daily release of UURollup from here and then you will be able to use the official XP drivers (with a modified INF file) which you can download from here. It's not the latest version but should work nevertheless.

Same thing with AMD Graphics drivers but I've got no working one at the moment.

Edited by tomasz86

So what is the new driver for graphics? BWC shows 2012/6/24 Version 12.4 -- is that it? If I know the right driver for Trinity I can modify the .INF and post the results here.

I've already deleted Windows 8 and installed Linux Mint on the new laptop, so I'm gonna try putting w2k on flash drive.

The official XP drivers (with a modified INF file) should work with the unofficial kernel. That's why I mentioned UURollup-v11 daily. The modified versions are for stock Windows 2000.

Edited by tomasz86

I don't think so.

There is a problem structure size both AMD Graphic Driver and VMWare Graphic Driver.(There is VMWare Driver bug since long ago.

So, we must change AMD Driver (.sys) a little bit.

If you support AMD Driver in VGA Kernel driver , VMWare will be BSoD.

The official XP drivers (with a modified INF file) should work with the unofficial kernel. That's why I mentioned UURollup-v11 daily. The modified versions are for stock Windows 2000.

Edited by blackwingcat