KernelEx -- On building, debugging and related matters...

Drugwash

Hey guys, you know I always do whatever I can to help. So as long as I'm alive and got an Internet connection, I'm all in.

Now, about GOM, latest 9x-compatible version is 2.1.43.5119. That one also installs from the 2.1.47.5133 full kit, regardless whether KernelEx is enabled and in Win2k compatibility mode for it.. I'm not sure about any newer version, if any, because I haven't checked for updates and never let it check by itself.

I believe those versions may be found at some old versions site - they're little over 10MB each. Dunno if Gretech still keep any old versions available for download - don't think so, they use third-party hosting anyway, if I recall correctly.

Anyway, I have a hunch that GOM might do something to the desktop when the About shows up, maybe still related to the foreground window or the desktop itself and the mouse gets the wrong coordinates for the clicks. There used to be a tool that reported all API calls for a given process or set of processes, but I forgot its name and I'm not sure it works (correctly) under 98SE. But it may prove useful to debug GOM, see what's going on. I'll see if I can recall the name or find it amongst the already installed tools.

VKRNLEX.VXD is the culprit.

You asked me to chime in.

VKRNLEX.VXD installs the KERNEL32.DLL Hooks. I had to analyze it to resolve the conflict between KernelEx and my FILE64 and DLLHOOK Packages.

You cannot blame VKRNLEX.VXD specifically because it controls most if not all of KernelEx. A problem caused by almost any part of KernelEx would disappear if VKRNLEX.VXD is removed.

As far as the bickering in other Threads, that was definitely a Red Letter Day.

I don't use any 98SE SP nor KernelEx. I am a Developer so I don't need any additional potential risks. I made my own SP (SP0) which has the Official Fixes for Windows 98SE.

I hesitate to use even Hotfixes as they also can cause problems as Microsoft has clearly stated. I use the ESDI_506.PDR Hotfix mainly because I have reverse engineered all of the changes.

Only where there is no alternative do I use ME, NT or XP Files. Even my USB Stack has been Down Versioned to mostly 98SE Files after having to install the ME Stack.

U98SESP3 is written for and tested to a Windows 98SE System without KernelEx.

KernelEx is written for and tested to a Windows 98SE System without U98SESP3.

It is not surprising that putting them together leads to mayhem

Neither is totally bug free and probably never will.

The drug companies run trials on thousands of people and they still die after public release.

U98SESP3 is a rapidly moving target. I haven't tried it since 3.7 which produced bugs I wasn't even looking for. When the updates slow down enough I can poke it with my Software.

KernelEx, as I expected, broke FILE64 and DLLHOOK. I offer FILE64 for sale so it is a PAID Program.

SInce I anticipated that DLLHOOK would be useful to KernelEx users as well as non-KernelEx users, I made it compatable with both uses. FILE64 was updated as well.

Instead of bickering, both sides have to work together. The result will be many more bug fixes on both sides, and a melded Version of both.

Edited by rloew

Thanks rloew. Great feedback.

I think you guys are missing what I'm saying. I will say it for the last time, if you don't get it, its time to move on. I know VKRNLEX.VXD is the CORE of KEX. I'm not saying anything BAD about it. I was able to reproduce some of Drugwash bugs. Its was cause by VKRNLEX.VXD. It might be a BAD line of code or whatever. Everyone thinks I'm out to get KEX. If you install KEX with GOM, the version Drugwash uses, and you click on about GOM player, and click any tab, the system will hang. No three finger solute helps it. You have to power down. When I deleted VKRNLEX.VXD, the problem went away. That being said, there is a bug in the particular VKRNLEX.VXD file. How hard is that for users to comprehend. All someone has to do is look in VKRNLEX.VXD and see whats causing the problem. Sometimes people make things more complicated than what they need to be.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

If you install KEX with GOM, the version Drugwash uses, and you click on about GOM player, and click any tab, the system will hang. No three finger solute helps it. You have to power down.

I'm using KeX 4.5.2 and GOM Player 2.1.43 (build 5119) and haven't got any problem (even small glitches).

I presume that issue could be hardware/software related, because of various DLL's, etc.

If you install KEX with GOM, the version Drugwash uses, and you click on about GOM player, and click any tab, the system will hang. No three finger solute helps it. You have to power down.

I'm using KeX 4.5.2 and GOM Player 2.1.43 (build 5119) and haven't got any problem (even small glitches).

I presume that issue could be hardware/software related, because of various DLL's, etc.

We are not talking about KeX 4.5.2, we are talking about the latest beta. I agree, we all use different hardware and software, so it can be a number of things. I was referring to the latest beta. It would be nice for the guys who like to give feedback, to read all of the post and stop cherry picking specifics. No one is talking about 4.5.2 Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

The report from rainyd, in good faith, confirms that GOM plays well with the official KernelEx 4.5.2, so we know it's nothing inherited. That's always good to know when hunting for bugs in alpha/beta versions.

Also, Mr. Loew, as a developer, confirms that there will always be certain bugs and incompatibilities, because we mostly work with original MS libraries - no matter which OS version they come from - and sometimes they do contain bugs or incompatibilities with drivers or whatever other libraries/applications.

Some smart people, over the years, have patched original libraries to correct bugs or enhance functionality, but just as well, developers of (older) software that knew about those bugs, may have worked around them or even exploited them for their own purpose, in which case a fixed library can and will cause malfunction in certain applications.

As you see, we're on shallow grounds and we need enough feedback to go in the right direction, so bear with people that try to help as they can, without being themselves programmers or power users. A 'thank you' is enough for good willing, even if there's no useful information there - at some point it might be.

I welcome anybody that's trying to help! :hello:

Now, to the matter at hand: Leyok, please double-check your private setup, make sure it's in sync with GitHub - especially kexbaseS - because it still doesn't work, same error "cannot open WinSta0". At first reboot after installation it was about to display a crash in explorer.exe but it froze before painting the whole dialog and I rushed to hit Reset instead of checking the log file.:blushing: I've seen the WinSta0 error after the second reset. There may also be other settings in certain project files, because some files come out much larger than yours: kexbaseN, kexCOM, sheet.

I have still to test your latest build posted above.

Thanks rloew. Great feedback.

I think you guys are missing what I'm saying. I will say it for the last time, if you don't get it, its time to move on. I know VKRNLEX.VXD is the CORE of KEX. I'm not saying anything BAD about it. I was able to reproduce some of Drugwash bugs. Its was cause by VKRNLEX.VXD. It might be a BAD line of code or whatever. Everyone thinks I'm out to get KEX. If you install KEX with GOM, the version Drugwash uses, and you click on about GOM player, and click any tab, the system will hang. No three finger solute helps it. You have to power down. When I deleted VKRNLEX.VXD, the problem went away. That being said, there is a bug in the particular VKRNLEX.VXD file. How hard is that for users to comprehend. All someone has to do is look in VKRNLEX.VXD and see whats causing the problem. Sometimes people make things more complicated than what they need to be.

You do seem to be out to get VKRNLEX.VXD specifically. It is not the Core of KernelEx. It is a Kernel Mode Loader added in 4.5.2 to load the KernelEx Hook earlier during Boot.

It didn't even exist in 4.5.1. Deleting it shuts down the Core of KernelEx because the Hooks to GetProcAdress are not installed.

If the new Beta Version had a problem and substituting the non-Beta Version cured it then there would be a reason to suspect it, but you did not say you did this.

@Leyok I did find a minor error in VKRNLEX.VXD. The 8 Byte Module Identifier was not space padded. It was "VKRNLEX", when it should have been "VKRNLEX " (space at end).

Fixed GOM Player's windows, the problem was EnableWindow_nothunk in window.c, I reverted to EnableWindow_fix (which directly call EnableWindow).

I'll take care of Mozilla 10.0.2 setup as well, the progress bar is buggy at the near end of the installation (confusing).

@Drugwash : Seems like you are not sync with github, the last update is 23/03/2013 17:11 (5:11 PM) GMT+1.

If you use SVN, but just do "SVN Update" on your checkout folder.

That's good news, regarding GOM! :thumbup

As for GitHub, I only use the web interface from the browser and I don't have a GitHub account. To get the files, I click on the big ZIP button, which - at least theoretically -should pack the current files and deliver the package for download. Am I doing anything wrong?

I used to have TortoiseSVN - the old version that was still compatible with 9x - but I had to uninstall it long ago because it was significantly slowing down the system because of its menu hooks (and not only).

Right now I see latest commit is Set WindowsGhosting in PROCESSINFO structure to TRUE (default) (2 hours ago). Here's a screenshot: image

We are not talking about KeX 4.5.2, we are talking about the latest beta. I agree, we all use different hardware and software, so it can be a number of things. I was referring to the latest beta. It would be nice for the guys who like to give feedback, to read all of the post and stop cherry picking specifics. No one is talking about 4.5.2

OK, my mistake but still problems are to be expected with beta version of KeX.

You do seem to be out to get VKRNLEX.VXD specifically.

I thought it was the root problem. Apparently I was wrong, it happens, we all make mistakes, but to say I'm only targeting something base on my assumptions and your assumptions, I guess then we are both asses. I guess if someone makes a mistake down the line, they have to be targeting something specific. Thanks again!

I made a new build from the newest repository with XP because it is easier...

KernelEx-dev.7z

I had to include PDH.DLL and PSAPI.DLL in this because I was having problems with KernelEx after I installed it without those files.. SP3 didn't help.

Here's the compile log..

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'kexcrt - Win32 Release'.

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'Core - Win32 Release'.

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'Core - Win32 Debug'.

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'Core - Win32 Release APIHOOK'.

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'prep - Win32 Release'.

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'prep - Win32 Debug'.

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'KernelEx Base NonShared - Win32 Release'.

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'KernelEx Base NonShared - Win32 Debug'.

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'KernelEx Base Shared - Win32 Release'.

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'KernelEx Base Shared - Win32 Debug'.

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'VxD - Win32 Release'.

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'VxD - Win32 Debug'.

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'Core - Win32 Release'.

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'auxiliary - Win32 Release'.

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'kexCOM - Win32 Release'.

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'kexCOM - Win32 Debug'.

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'kexcontrol - Win32 Release'.

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'kexcontrol - Win32 Debug'.

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'sdbcreate - Win32 Release'.

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'sdbcreate - Win32 Debug'.

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'sheet - Win32 Release'.

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'sheet - Win32 Debug'.

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'verify - Win32 Release'.

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'verify - Win32 Debug'.

--------------------Configuration: kexcrt - Win32 Release--------------------

Compiling...

_vsnprintf.c

abort.c

argcargv.c

assert.c

atoi.c

atol.c

atoll.c

concrt0.c

ctypes.c

dllcrt0.c

exit.c

init.c

isalnum.c

isalpha.c

isascii.c

isblank.c

iscntrl.c

isdigit.c

isgraph.c

islower.c

Generating Code...

Compiling...

isprint.c

ispunct.c

isspace.c

isupper.c

isxdigit.c

memccpy.c

memchr.c

memcmp.c

memcpy.c

memmem.c

memmove.c

Generating Code...

Compiling...

memory-cpp.cpp

Generating Code...

Compiling...

memory.c

memrchr.c

memset.c

memswap.c

printf.c

purecall.c

snprintf.c

sprintf.c

sscanf.c

strcat.c

strchr.c

strcmp.c

strcmpi.c

strcpy.c

strdup.c

strlen.c

strncat.c

strncmp.c

strncpy.c

strnicmp.c

Generating Code...

Compiling...

strnlen.c

strntoimax.c

strntoumax.c

strpbrk.c

strrchr.c

strsep.c

strstr.c

strtok.c

strtok_r.c

strtol.c

strtoll.c

strtoul.c

strtoull.c

strtoumax.c

strupr.c

strxspn.c

tolower.c

toupper.c

vsnprintf.c

vsprintf.c

Generating Code...

Compiling...

vsscanf.c

wincrt0.c

write.c

Generating Code...

Creating library...

kexcrt.lib - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

--------------------Configuration: Core - Win32 Release--------------------

Performing Custom Build Step on .\core.def

k32ord.h

Creating library .\Release\k32ord.lib and object .\Release\k32ord.exp

Compiling resources...

Compiling...

apiconf.cpp

apiconfmgr.cpp

apihook.cpp

apilib.cpp

internals.cpp

kexcoresdk.cpp

main.cpp

ModInit.cpp

pemanip.cpp

ProcessStorage.cpp

resolver.cpp

SettingsDB.cpp

sharedmem.cpp

thunks.cpp

wildcmp.cpp

Linking...

Creating library Release/KernelEx.lib and object Release/KernelEx.exp

1 file(s) copied.

KernelEx.dll - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

--------------------Configuration: Core - Win32 Debug--------------------

k32ord.h

Creating library .\Debug\k32ord.lib and object .\Debug\k32ord.exp

Compiling resources...

Compiling...

apiconf.cpp

apiconfmgr.cpp

apihook.cpp

apilib.cpp

debug.cpp

debugproto.cpp

internals.cpp

kexcoresdk.cpp

main.cpp

ModInit.cpp

pemanip.cpp

ProcessStorage.cpp

resolver.cpp

SettingsDB.cpp

sharedmem.cpp

thunks.cpp

wildcmp.cpp

Linking...

Creating library Debug/KernelEx.lib and object Debug/KernelEx.exp

1 file(s) copied.

--------------------Configuration: Core - Win32 Release APIHOOK--------------------

k32ord.h

Creating library .\Release_APIHOOK\k32ord.lib and object .\Release_APIHOOK\k32ord.exp

Compiling resources...

Compiling...

apiconf.cpp

apiconfmgr.cpp

apihook.cpp

apilib.cpp

internals.cpp

kexcoresdk.cpp

main.cpp

ModInit.cpp

pemanip.cpp

ProcessStorage.cpp

resolver.cpp

SettingsDB.cpp

sharedmem.cpp

thunks.cpp

wildcmp.cpp

Linking...

Creating library Release_APIHOOK/KernelEx.lib and object Release_APIHOOK/KernelEx.exp

1 file(s) copied.

--------------------Configuration: prep - Win32 Release--------------------

Compiling...

prep.cpp

Linking...

prep.exe - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

--------------------Configuration: prep - Win32 Debug--------------------

Compiling...

prep.cpp

Linking...

prep.exe - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

--------------------Configuration: KernelEx Base NonShared - Win32 Release--------------------

Performing Custom Build Step on .\dirlist

KernelEx source preparser by Xeno86

Processing project at: .

Processing directory: 'kernel32\'

Directory is up to date

Processing directory: 'user32\'

Directory is up to date

Processing directory: 'gdi32\'

Directory is up to date

Processing directory: 'advapi32\'

Directory is up to date

Processing directory: 'comdlg32\'

Directory is up to date

Processing directory: 'shell32\'

Directory is up to date

Processing directory: 'rpcrt4\'

Directory is up to date

Processing directory: 'winspool\'

Directory is up to date

Processing directory: 'shfolder\'

Directory is up to date

Processing directory: 'winmm\'

Directory is up to date

Processing directory: 'ws2_32\'

Directory is up to date

Processing directory: 'ole32\'

Directory is up to date

Processing directory: 'cryptui\'

Directory is up to date

Processing directory: 'ntdll\'

Directory is up to date

Processing directory: 'netapi32\'

Directory is up to date

Performing Custom Build Step on .\kexbasen.def

k32ord.h

Compiling resources...

Compiling...

_kernel32_apilist.c

allocator.c

C:\Documents and Settings\John\Desktop\KernelEx-master\apilibs\kexbasen\kernel32\jemalloc/jemalloc.c(239) : warning C4163: '_BitScanForward' : not available as an intrinsic function

DelayLoadFailureHook.c

ThreadPool.c

TlsExt.c

unikernel32.c

_user32_apilist.c

uniuser32.c

_gdi32_apilist.c

ScriptCache.cpp

UberGDI.c

unigdi32.c

_advapi32_apilist.c

uniadvapi32.c

_comdlg32_apilist.c

openfilename_fix.c

opensavefile.c

unicomdlg32.c

_shell32_apilist.c

SHBindToParent.c

SHCreateDirectoryEx.c

SHGetFolderLocation.c

SHGetFolderPath.c

SHGetSpecialFolder.c

SHParseDisplayName.c

unishell32.c

_rpcrt4_apilist.c

NdrDllGetClassObject.c

unirpcrt4.c

_winspool_apilist.c

_winspool_stubs.c

DefaultPrinter.c

uniwinspool.c

_shfolder_apilist.c

shfolder.c

_winmm_apilist.c

uniwinmm.c

_ws2_32_apilist.c

addinfo.c

select_fix.c

_ole32_apilist.c

CoWaitForMultipleHandles.c

_cryptui_apilist.c

CryptUIDlgViewContext.c

_ntdll_apilist.c

_ntdll_stubs.c

ntruntime.c

_netapi32_apilist.c

netalert.c

netbuffer.c

netget.c

netshare.c

common.c

main.c

shlord.c

unifwd.c

Linking...

Creating library Release/kexbasen.lib and object Release/kexbasen.exp

kexbasen.dll - 0 error(s), 1 warning(s)

--------------------Configuration: KernelEx Base NonShared - Win32 Debug--------------------

Directory is up to date

Directory is up to date

Directory is up to date

Directory is up to date

Directory is up to date

Directory is up to date

Processing directory: 'rpcrt4\'

Directory is up to date

Processing directory: 'winspool\'

Directory is up to date

Processing directory: 'shfolder\'

Directory is up to date

Processing directory: 'winmm\'

Directory is up to date

Processing directory: 'ws2_32\'

Directory is up to date

Processing directory: 'ole32\'

Directory is up to date

Processing directory: 'cryptui\'

Directory is up to date

Directory is up to date

Processing directory: 'netapi32\'

Directory is up to date

Performing Custom Build Step on .\kexbasen.def

k32ord.h

Compiling resources...

Compiling...

_kernel32_apilist.c

allocator.c

C:\Documents and Settings\John\Desktop\KernelEx-master\apilibs\kexbasen\kernel32\jemalloc/jemalloc.c(239) : warning C4163: '_BitScanForward' : not available as an intrinsic function

DelayLoadFailureHook.c

ThreadPool.c

TlsExt.c

unikernel32.c

_user32_apilist.c

uniuser32.c

_gdi32_apilist.c

ScriptCache.cpp

UberGDI.c

unigdi32.c

_advapi32_apilist.c

uniadvapi32.c

_comdlg32_apilist.c

openfilename_fix.c

opensavefile.c

unicomdlg32.c

_shell32_apilist.c

SHBindToParent.c

SHCreateDirectoryEx.c

SHGetFolderLocation.c

SHGetFolderPath.c

SHGetSpecialFolder.c

SHParseDisplayName.c

unishell32.c

_rpcrt4_apilist.c

NdrDllGetClassObject.c

unirpcrt4.c

_winspool_apilist.c

_winspool_stubs.c

DefaultPrinter.c

uniwinspool.c

_shfolder_apilist.c

shfolder.c

_winmm_apilist.c

uniwinmm.c

_ws2_32_apilist.c

addinfo.c

select_fix.c

_ole32_apilist.c

CoWaitForMultipleHandles.c

_cryptui_apilist.c

CryptUIDlgViewContext.c

_ntdll_apilist.c

_ntdll_stubs.c

ntruntime.c

_netapi32_apilist.c

netalert.c

netbuffer.c

netget.c

netshare.c

common.c

main.c

shlord.c

unifwd.c

Linking...

Creating library Debug/kexbasen.lib and object Debug/kexbasen.exp

kexbasen.dll - 0 error(s), 1 warning(s)

--------------------Configuration: KernelEx Base Shared - Win32 Release--------------------

Directory is up to date

Directory is up to date

Directory is up to date

Directory is up to date

Directory is up to date

Directory is up to date

Processing directory: 'version\'

Directory is up to date

Processing directory: 'comctl32\'

Directory is up to date

Directory is up to date

Performing Custom Build Step on .\kexbases.def

k32ord.h

Compiling resources...

Compiling...

_kernel32_apilist.c

_kernel32_stubs.c

console.c

critsect.c

directory.c

file.c

handle.c

inter.c

IsProcessorFeaturePresent.c

jobs.c

KEXVersion.c

locale.c

locale_casemap.c

locale_collation.c

locale_fold.c

locale_sortkey.c

locale_wctype.c

mem.c

module.c

pointer.c

port.c

process.c

RtlCaptureContext.c

session.c

thread.c

time.c

uilang.c

unikernel32.c

version.c

volume.c

widecharconv.c

_user32_apilist.c

_user32_stubs.c

desktop.c

dialog.c

display.c

exit.c

input.c

lstr.c

menu.c

message.c

SystemParametersInfo_fix.c

thuni_conv.c

thuni_layer.c

thuni_proc.c

thuni_stuff.c

thuni_thunk.c

uniuser32.c

window.c

winsta.c

_gdi32_apilist.c

_gdi32_stubs.c

EnumFont.c

FontResourceEx.c

GdiObjects.c

GetGlyphOutlineA_fix.c

GetTextExtentPoint32_fix.c

MaskBlt.c

Orhpans.cpp

TextOut.c

unigdi32.c

_advapi32_apilist.c

_advapi32_stubs.c

lsa.c

OpenSCManager_stub.c

reg.c

RtlGenRandom.c

security.c

TraceMessage.c

uniadvapi32.c

_comdlg32_apilist.c

PrintDlgEx.c

_version_apilist.c

universion.c

_shell32_apilist.c

_shell32_stubs.c

CommandLineToArgvW.c

IsUserAnAdmin.c

shexec.c

shexit.c

shmain.c

_comctl32_apilist.c

newclassreg.c

syslink.c

_ntdll_apilist.c

_ntdll_stubs.c

error.c

ldr.c

ntfile.c

nthandle.c

ntmem.c

ntprocess.c

ntthread.c

rtl.c

sys.c

token.c

common.c

main.c

Linking...

Creating library Release/kexbases.lib and object Release/kexbases.exp

LINK : warning LNK4089: all references to "SHELL32.dll" discarded by /OPT:REF

kexbases.dll - 0 error(s), 1 warning(s)

--------------------Configuration: KernelEx Base Shared - Win32 Debug--------------------

Directory is up to date

Directory is up to date

Directory is up to date

Directory is up to date

Directory is up to date

Directory is up to date

Processing directory: 'version\'

Directory is up to date

Processing directory: 'comctl32\'

Directory is up to date

Directory is up to date

Performing Custom Build Step on .\kexbases.def

k32ord.h

Compiling resources...

Compiling...

_kernel32_apilist.c

_kernel32_stubs.c

console.c

critsect.c

directory.c

file.c

handle.c

inter.c

IsProcessorFeaturePresent.c

jobs.c

KEXVersion.c

locale.c

locale_casemap.c

locale_collation.c

locale_fold.c

locale_sortkey.c

locale_wctype.c

mem.c

module.c

pointer.c

port.c

process.c

RtlCaptureContext.c

session.c

thread.c

time.c

uilang.c

unikernel32.c

version.c

volume.c

widecharconv.c

_user32_apilist.c

_user32_stubs.c

desktop.c

dialog.c

display.c

exit.c

input.c

lstr.c

menu.c

message.c

SystemParametersInfo_fix.c

thuni_conv.c

thuni_layer.c

thuni_proc.c

thuni_stuff.c

thuni_thunk.c

uniuser32.c

window.c

winsta.c

_gdi32_apilist.c

_gdi32_stubs.c

EnumFont.c

FontResourceEx.c

GdiObjects.c

GetGlyphOutlineA_fix.c

GetTextExtentPoint32_fix.c

MaskBlt.c

Orhpans.cpp

TextOut.c

unigdi32.c

_advapi32_apilist.c

_advapi32_stubs.c

lsa.c

OpenSCManager_stub.c

reg.c

RtlGenRandom.c

security.c

TraceMessage.c

uniadvapi32.c

_comdlg32_apilist.c

PrintDlgEx.c

_version_apilist.c

universion.c

_shell32_apilist.c

_shell32_stubs.c

CommandLineToArgvW.c

IsUserAnAdmin.c

shexec.c

shexit.c

shmain.c

_comctl32_apilist.c

newclassreg.c

syslink.c

_ntdll_apilist.c

_ntdll_stubs.c

error.c

ldr.c

ntfile.c

nthandle.c

ntmem.c

ntprocess.c

ntthread.c

rtl.c

sys.c

token.c

common.c

main.c

Linking...

Creating library Debug/kexbases.lib and object Debug/kexbases.exp

kexbases.dll - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

--------------------Configuration: VxD - Win32 Release--------------------

Compiling...

patch.cpp

patch_ifsmgr.cpp

patch_kernel32.cpp

pemanip.cpp

Generating Code...

Compiling...

util.c

Generating Code...

Compiling...

vxdmain.cpp

Generating Code...

Linking...

VKrnlEx.vxd - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

--------------------Configuration: VxD - Win32 Debug--------------------

Compiling...

debug.cpp

patch.cpp

patch_ifsmgr.cpp

patch_kernel32.cpp

pemanip.cpp

Generating Code...

Compiling...

util.c

Generating Code...

Compiling...

vxdmain.cpp

Generating Code...

Linking...

VKrnlEx.vxd - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

--------------------Configuration: Core - Win32 Release--------------------

k32ord.h

Compiling resources...

Compiling...

apiconf.cpp

apiconfmgr.cpp

apihook.cpp

apilib.cpp

internals.cpp

kexcoresdk.cpp

main.cpp

ModInit.cpp

pemanip.cpp

ProcessStorage.cpp

resolver.cpp

SettingsDB.cpp

sharedmem.cpp

thunks.cpp

wildcmp.cpp

Linking...

Creating library Release/KernelEx.lib and object Release/KernelEx.exp

1 file(s) copied.

--------------------Configuration: auxiliary - Win32 Release--------------------

cd msimg32

cl /nologo /W3 /O2 /Oi /FD /c /Fomsimg32.obj msimg32.c

msimg32.c

rc /r msimgme

link /nologo /DLL /OPT:NOWIN98 /ENTRY:DllMain@12 /DEF:msimg32.def /OUT:..\..\output-i386\Release\msimg32.dll -nodefaultlib kernel32.lib gdi32.lib ../../kexcrt/kexcrt.lib msimg32.obj msimgme.res

Creating library ..\..\output-i386\Release\msimg32.lib and object ..\..\output-i386\Release\msimg32.exp

cd ..

cd pdh

link /LIB /NOLOGO /MACHINE:IX86 /DEF:kord.def /OUT:kord.lib

Creating library kord.lib and object kord.exp

cl /nologo /W3 /O2 /Oi /FD /c /Fopdh.obj pdh.c

pdh.c

link /nologo /DLL /OPT:NOWIN98 /ENTRY:DllMain@12 /DEF:pdh.def /OUT:..\..\output-i386\Release\pdh.dll -nodefaultlib kernel32.lib gdi32.lib kord.lib pdh.obj

Creating library ..\..\output-i386\Release\pdh.lib and object ..\..\output-i386\Release\pdh.exp

cd ..

cd winsta

link /LIB /NOLOGO /MACHINE:IX86 /DEF:winsta.def /OUT:winsta.lib

Creating library winsta.lib and object winsta.exp

cl /nologo /W3 /O2 /Oi /FD /c /Fowinsta.obj winsta.c

winsta.c

link /nologo /DLL /OPT:NOWIN98 /ENTRY:DllMain@12 /DEF:winsta.def /OUT:..\..\output-i386\Release\winsta.dll -nodefaultlib kernel32.lib gdi32.lib user32.lib ../../kexcrt/kexcrt.lib ../../common/KernelEx.lib winsta.lib winsta.obj

Creating library ..\..\output-i386\Release\winsta.lib and object ..\..\output-i386\Release\winsta.exp

cd ..

cd wtsapi32

cl /nologo /W3 /O2 /Oi /FD /c /Fowtsapi32.obj wtsapi32.c

wtsapi32.c

link /nologo /DLL /OPT:NOWIN98 /ENTRY:DllMain@12 /DEF:wtsapi32.def /OUT:..\..\output-i386\Release\wtsapi32.dll -nodefaultlib kernel32.lib gdi32.lib user32.lib ../../kexcrt/kexcrt.lib ../winsta/winsta.lib ../../common/KernelEx.lib wtsapi32.obj

Creating library ..\..\output-i386\Release\wtsapi32.lib and object ..\..\output-i386\Release\wtsapi32.exp

cd ..

cd uxtheme

link /LIB /NOLOGO /MACHINE:IX86 /DEF:kord.def /OUT:kord.lib

Creating library kord.lib and object kord.exp

cl /nologo /W3 /O2 /Oi /FD /c /Fouxtheme.obj uxtheme.c

uxtheme.c

cl /nologo /W3 /O2 /Oi /FD /c /Fometric.obj metric.c

metric.c

link /nologo /DLL /OPT:NOWIN98 /ENTRY:DllMain@12 /DEF:uxtheme.def /OUT:..\..\output-i386\Release\uxtheme.dll -nodefaultlib kernel32.lib gdi32.lib user32.lib kord.lib uxtheme.obj metric.obj

Creating library ..\..\output-i386\Release\uxtheme.lib and object ..\..\output-i386\Release\uxtheme.exp

cd ..

cd psapi

cl /nologo /W3 /O2 /Oi /FD /I../../common /c /Fopsapi.obj psapi.c

psapi.c

link /nologo /DLL /OPT:NOWIN98 /ENTRY:DllMain@12 /LIBPATH:../../common KernelEx.lib /DEF:psapi.def /OUT:..\..\output-i386\Release\psapi.dll -nodefaultlib kernel32.lib psapi.obj

Creating library ..\..\output-i386\Release\psapi.lib and object ..\..\output-i386\Release\psapi.exp

cd ..

cd userenv

cl /nologo /W3 /O2 /Oi /FD /c /Fouserenv.obj userenv.c

userenv.c

link /nologo /DLL /OPT:NOWIN98 /ENTRY:DllMain@12 /DEF:userenv.def /OUT:..\..\output-i386\Release\userenv.dll -nodefaultlib kernel32.lib gdi32.lib shell32.lib shlwapi.lib userenv.obj

Creating library ..\..\output-i386\Release\userenv.lib and object ..\..\output-i386\Release\userenv.exp

cd ..

cd msimg32

cd ..

cd pdh

cd ..

cd winsta

cd ..

cd wtsapi32

cd ..

cd uxtheme

cd ..

cd psapi

cd ..

cd userenv

cd ..

auxiliary - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

--------------------Configuration: kexCOM - Win32 Release--------------------

Compiling...

factory.cpp

server.cpp

shelllink.cpp

Linking...

Creating library Release/kexCOM.lib and object Release/kexCOM.exp

kexCOM.dll - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

--------------------Configuration: kexCOM - Win32 Debug--------------------

Compiling...

factory.cpp

server.cpp

shelllink.cpp

Linking...

Creating library Debug/kexCOM.lib and object Debug/kexCOM.exp

kexCOM.dll - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

--------------------Configuration: kexcontrol - Win32 Release--------------------

Compiling...

kexcontrol.cpp

Linking...

kexcontrol.exe - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

--------------------Configuration: kexcontrol - Win32 Debug--------------------

Compiling...

kexcontrol.cpp

Linking...

kexcontrol.exe - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

--------------------Configuration: sdbcreate - Win32 Release--------------------

Performing Custom Build Step on .\sdbapi.h

sdbapi.h

Creating library .\Release\sdbapi.lib and object .\Release\sdbapi.exp

Compiling...

sdbcreate.cpp

Linking...

'\Documents' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

Error executing c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe.

sdbcreate.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

--------------------Configuration: sdbcreate - Win32 Debug--------------------

Performing Custom Build Step on .\sdbapi.h

sdbapi.h

Creating library .\Debug\sdbapi.lib and object .\Debug\sdbapi.exp

Compiling...

sdbcreate.cpp

Linking...

'\Documents' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

Error executing c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe.

sdbcreate.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

--------------------Configuration: sheet - Win32 Release--------------------

Compiling resources...

Compiling...

factory.cpp

KexLinkage.cpp

server.cpp

sheet.cpp

Linking...

Creating library Release/sheet.lib and object Release/sheet.exp

sheet.dll - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

--------------------Configuration: sheet - Win32 Debug--------------------

Compiling resources...

Compiling...

factory.cpp

KexLinkage.cpp

server.cpp

sheet.cpp

Linking...

Creating library Debug/sheet.lib and object Debug/sheet.exp

sheet.dll - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

--------------------Configuration: verify - Win32 Release--------------------

Compiling resources...

Compiling...

main.c

Linking...

verify.exe - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

--------------------Configuration: verify - Win32 Debug--------------------

Compiling resources...

Compiling...

main.c

Linking...

verify.exe - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Still getting some warnings... but you should expect that from a beta version of a software...

As for GitHub, I only use the web interface from the browser and I don't have a GitHub account. To get the files, I click on the big ZIP button, which - at least theoretically -should pack the current files and deliver the package for download. Am I doing anything wrong?

I used to have TortoiseSVN - the old version that was still compatible with 9x - but I had to uninstall it long ago because it was significantly slowing down the system because of its menu hooks (and not only).

Right now I see latest commit is Set WindowsGhosting in PROCESSINFO structure to TRUE (default) (2 hours ago). Here's a screenshot: image

It's fine, but do you replace every files? The WinSta0 error was fixed in apilibs\kexbases\user32\winsta.c

Of course. As I mentioned before, I always deploy in a separate folder, to avoid any possible mix with older files or settings. I don't even have enough free space to hold two separate source folders (due to the temporary files), so I have to delete previous source folder before deploying the new one and start building. Dunno how come this error still propagates. I'll soon test the very latest pull.

@Leyok I did find a minor error in VKRNLEX.VXD. The 8 Byte Module Identifier was not space padded. It was "VKRNLEX", when it should have been "VKRNLEX " (space at end).

Where is it ?

It is in the VXD Descriptor Block. It is located at offset 0x101C in the 4.5.2 Version. It is supposed to be 8 Characters with Space padding and no termination character.