Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Avast Antivirus

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

John305

John305

Junior

• Pip
  • 96 posts
Hi I am just here to say that the new Avast Antivirus program free or paid for requires you to agree to allow them to collect data from your pc. Of course they say they wont use the data so why do they want access to it. We have all heard this before and your data gets sent to whoever they want.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

JorgeA

JorgeA

FORMAT B: /V /S

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 3,145 posts
Thanks for the warning. I happened to see images of the new Avast in a magazine and they have the new Windows 8-style look with big square buttons/tiles, so I had already decided not to accept the new version. Your report reinforces my decision, so it's appreciated.

--JorgeA

John305

John305

Junior

• Pip
  • 96 posts
Hi yes I am still on version 7.0.1474 . Today for the first time I got a avast popup asking me if I wanted to see my virus count on the last 1200 pages I looked at LOL, so they must be tracking every web site you go to. I find this funny because if your going to track people where they go why tell them about it. Time for a new Antivirus solution I guess.

coolman

coolman

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Hi yes I am still on version 7.0.1474 . Today for the first time I got a avast popup asking me if I wanted to see my virus count on the last 1200 pages I looked at LOL, so they must be tracking every web site you go to. I find this funny because if your going to track people where they go why tell them about it. Time for a new Antivirus solution I guess.

Yes, I absolutely agree. What kind of logic is that?
Helicopters don't fly; they vibrate so much and make so much noise that the earth rejects them.
Oh blah, blah, blah, your needs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN