Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Need MDT task customization help plz

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Wrayth

Wrayth

• 22 posts
  • Joined 30-October 03
Okay so my situation is this:
Trying to use MDT 2012 Update 1 to create automated installation source to run from a USB stick.
Installing Windows 7 Enterprise VL, along with Off 2010 sp1
Installing to Dell Optiplex and latitude systems.
Fell free to ask if you need more info.

Problem is this.
I want to do a clean install on the systems, but I want to leave the Dell OEM partitions in place.
So I need to have the Lite touch or eventually no touch install, format and install on Disk 0 Part 3 and leave the other 2 partitions alone and not assign drive letters to them.

So in the MDT task sequence, I don't understand how I am supposed to coordinate the settings under "Preinstall - New Computer only - Format and Partition Disk" and "Install - Install Operating System."
Can I just disable the "Preinstall - New Computer Only" section and let the install section do what I need?
I've spent a few hours searching through other posts and other sites trying to find a clear answer and I can't seem to find something that answers my specific situation, so maybe I am asking the wrong questions.

I'm new to these tools and trying to learn as I go, so please don't assume I know anything.

Thanks!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users