Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
farfigs11

linksys wusb54gc in windows 98se

3 posts in this topic

If anyone's interested, I've found a way to install the drivers and a working utility for the Linksys WUSB54GC to run in Windows 98se. I've not been able to test prolonged connectivity at this point.

Yes, I'm very interested :yes:

* How's the connectivity going?

* What version of the WUSB54GC do you have? Is it one of the following from this HowTo?

WUSB54GC v1

• Device Name: Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter
    FCC ID: Q87-WUSB54GC
    Device ID: USB\VID_13B1&PID_0020
    Chipset: RT2501U: RT2571WF MAC/BBP, RT2528L 2.4 GHz Transceiver
    Driver: Ralink-rt73

WUSB54GC v3

• Device Name: Compact Wireless-G USB Network Adapter
    FCC ID: Q87-WUSB54GCV3
    Device ID: USB\VID_1737&PID_0077
    Chipset: Integrated RT2070L: RT3070 MAC/BBP, RT2020 2.4 GHz Transceiver
    Driver: Ralink-rt2870

Yes, I'm very interested :yes:

* How's the connectivity going?

* What version of the WUSB54GC do you have? Is it one of the following from this HowTo?

I'm using Ver. 1.3 CD to install the drivers. I don't have the device id's right now but it's the silver ones-not black ones. Im using one from 2007 and one is dated 2008. It has worked on 3 different computers. The rt73u98.sys isn't listed but when you run the setup it pulls it out of the zip file. I actually had the utility from this CD work on a MSI-7211 computer. On the other older computers I had to use the wusb54gp ver. 4. utility. So the wusb54gp utility recognizes the wusb54gc device- only you may have to find the "drc.exe" file and run it manually for utility to recognize device. I haven't had the time to figure out why the utiltiy works on the msi-7211and not the others. Maybe others here know what's going on. Connectivity hasn't been a problem. Thanks, I didn't know about the other site but now I will try their driver.