Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

linksys wusb54gc in windows 98se

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

farfigs11

farfigs11

Junior

• Pip
  • 53 posts
If anyone's interested, I've found a way to install the drivers and a working utility for the Linksys WUSB54GC to run in Windows 98se. I've not been able to test prolonged connectivity at this point.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

jumper

jumper

2014 All-American Masters HJ'er

• PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
Yes, I'm very interested :yes:

* How's the connectivity going?
* What version of the WUSB54GC do you have? Is it one of the following from this HowTo?

WUSB54GC v1
Device Name: Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter
FCC ID: Q87-WUSB54GC
Device ID: USB\VID_13B1&PID_0020
Chipset: RT2501U: RT2571WF MAC/BBP, RT2528L 2.4 GHz Transceiver
Driver: Ralink-rt73 WUSB54GC v3
Device Name: Compact Wireless-G USB Network Adapter
FCC ID: Q87-WUSB54GCV3
Device ID: USB\VID_1737&PID_0077
Chipset: Integrated RT2070L: RT3070 MAC/BBP, RT2020 2.4 GHz Transceiver
Driver: Ralink-rt2870 [/list]
Design feedback requested:
IHAtool - IpHlpApi tester; call various functions and report results
--status-> framework is solid; 22 api's fully supported; preview release coming soon
ComDlg32 wrapper - ComDlgEx meets IpHlpApi wrapper
--status-> PrintDlgExW working in latest SumatraPDF 8^)
Future projects: ImportPatcher40 - dialog interface; Kexter - IP40+Ktree+Kexstubs

farfigs11

farfigs11

Junior

• Pip
  • 53 posts
[quote name='jumper' timestamp='1365904430' post='1036566']
Yes, I'm very interested :yes:

* How's the connectivity going?
* What version of the WUSB54GC do you have? Is it one of the following from this HowTo?

I'm using Ver. 1.3 CD to install the drivers. I don't have the device id's right now but it's the silver ones-not black ones. Im using one from 2007 and one is dated 2008. It has worked on 3 different computers. The rt73u98.sys isn't listed but when you run the setup it pulls it out of the zip file. I actually had the utility from this CD work on a MSI-7211 computer. On the other older computers I had to use the wusb54gp ver. 4. utility. So the wusb54gp utility recognizes the wusb54gc device- only you may have to find the "drc.exe" file and run it manually for utility to recognize device. I haven't had the time to figure out why the utiltiy works on the msi-7211and not the others. Maybe others here know what's going on. Connectivity hasn't been a problem. Thanks, I didn't know about the other site but now I will try their driver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN