Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

How to make installer like ones that Microsoft updates Win9x with

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

coolman

coolman

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 02-November 12
I was wondering how you made those installers where Microsoft installs an update for Win9x because unofficial updates sometimes have them too. They have certain setup switches. For example, /Q:A/R:N and /T:%WINDIR% and /C:"setup.exe". They also have .INF files injected into them to install from that. Here is an example of the ones I'm talking about:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Anyone have an idea?

Edited by coolman, 12 March 2013 - 05:54 PM.

Helicopters don't fly; they vibrate so much and make so much noise that the earth rejects them.
Oh blah, blah, blah, your needs!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Glenn9999

Glenn9999

• PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Joined 23-April 07
I believe IExpress is the tool involved - if you can get an older version of it. Sufficient details should be on the page I linked to.

coolman

coolman

Junior

• Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 02-November 12

I believe IExpress is the tool involved - if you can get an older version of it. Sufficient details should be on the page I linked to.

Wow thanks!
Helicopters don't fly; they vibrate so much and make so much noise that the earth rejects them.
Oh blah, blah, blah, your needs!

LoneCrusader

LoneCrusader

Resistere pro causa resistentiam.

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 812 posts
  • Joined 11-May 09

Donator

See this page on creating INF files...

INF files control the packages created by IExpress. Links for IEAK (IExpress) included on the page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users