Services

EagleWing

:unsure: I installed a service for a web app and it will not work. I installed the service in Windows 8 Pro 64-bit and when ever I attempt to use this app all I get is this error. " can't establish a connection to the server ". The server being my machine. When I installed the service for this app in Windows 8 pro x64 the first time it worked. The difference is that Windows was installed on an HDD, now it is installed on a SSD. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to get this service to work? :huh:

:unsure: I installed a service for a web app and it will not work. I installed the service in Windows 8 Pro 64-bit and when ever I attempt to use this app all I get is this error. " can't establish a connection to the server ". The server being my machine. When I installed the service for this app in Windows 8 pro x64 the first time it worked. The difference is that Windows was installed on an HDD, now it is installed on a SSD. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to get this service to work? :huh:

If you still have the HDD with the service running, then I would back-up all the registry entries and also look in the firewall exceptions list and see if the service is listed in there as well then backup reg of that then transfer over to the SSD drive..

If you still have the HDD with the service running, then I would back-up all the registry entries and also look in the firewall exceptions list and see if the service is listed in there as well then backup reg of that then transfer over to the SSD drive..

:thumbup :thumbup Thanks DosProbie! I did as you suggested and the service is working now. :thumbup :thumbup