1) Can I use an nLite XP SP3 sliptstream CD to Repair rather than install?
2) Will Repair generally leave data and existing programs in place?
3) The PC is a Dell Optiplex 755 for which I have the Dell XP reinstall CD, but I also have a store-bought XP CD. Can I use either as the XP source for nLite?
4) If I use the store-bought XP, when the time comes to enter the key in the Repair process, can I insert the original key from the Dell, or must I use the key on the store-bought XP box? (I previously used the store-bought XP CD to install XP on a different computer, so I am already using its key.)
5) In either case above, will I also need the COA from the sticker on the Dell Optiplex 755?
6) I was never able to install Recovery Console in this Dell Optiplex 755, possibly because I needed some drivers, maybe SATA, to be available by floppy, and I have no floppy drive. Do you think nLite will be able to help me with that?
I have printed a guide for nLite, but it seems abit skimpy. Is there a BEST DETAILED guide? The idea is that I not only give it XP as a base, but also SP3 and all possible MS updateds and hotfixes - right? And maybe some drivers? Sounds like fun, but don't want to make too many wrong turns.
Is there a particularly good youtube to watch?
Edited by glnz, 18 March 2013 - 01:07 PM.