Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 8 network button or \\server don't work.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

vooze

vooze
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 02-March 13
So here is my problem:

I just installed Windows 8 like 24 hours ago. And after install all was fine. Now all of sudden the network "manager" don't work (network share that it, NOT network as in internet / WIFI)

I can't even type \\server\share (tried both IP and name)

My Windows 7 laptop can see all shares on the network just fine, so thats not the problem. Both are connected via WIFI.

Here is a screenshot of the button I mean:

Attached File  ss.png   56.51KB   11 downloads

Like I said, its just impossible to to press on it, nothing happens. Its just "dead" (right click works fine, but still won't open anything)

I had this problem before i formatted also, so I'm guessing its one of my programs or somthing? I just don't work where to start searching. Last time i spend hours on ##windows with many people trying to help. No luck.

Hope you guys have some ideas!

Thank you very much!

EDIT: Have btw. tried all THIS

Edited by vooze, 20 March 2013 - 02:57 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users