Windows Me boot screen

nienormalny12

Good call jaclaz, I truly believed there wasn't one. At any rate it won't be seen on hardware powering down automatically I guess.

Logo files are in the install cabs, sulogo.sys for the startup one and logos.sys for the shutdown one.

I hate startup (and shutdown) logos and don't use them. (Not that anyone cares about that)

Good call jaclaz, I truly believed there wasn't one. At any rate it won't be seen on hardware powering down automatically I guess.

No, I presume that it works (worked) only on NON-ACPI machines (please read as AT power supply vs. ATX ones) just like the corresponding (say) XP one, which I never recall seeing until I got on this:

http://reboot.pro/topic/3717-xpsp1-with-full-commandline-and-ntfs-below-10-mb/

http://reboot.pro/topic/3717-xpsp1-with-full-commandline-and-ntfs-below-10-mb/?p=27253

jaclaz

Just for clarity:

C:\logo.sys --> startup logo

C:\WINDOWS\logow.sys --> 'waiting for shutdown' logo (Please wait...)

C:\WINDOWS\logos.sys --> shutdown logo (It is now safe to turn off...)

A logo.sys in the root of the bootable drive will replace the default startup logo bundled with IO.SYS.

Image must be 320x400px, 256 colors (8bpp).

Now I know how to change boot screen, but how to add shutdown screen (logow.sys)? Of course, if it is possible...

The shutdown is logos.sys and the wait is logow.sys

Add it to C:\Windows, i.e. add a file C:\Windows\logos.sys, this should apply:

http://www.themeworld.com/support/walls-change.html

Microsoft has made a few sneaky changes and this one is actually for the better. Don't worry about the original logo files. Lets just say they are protected. Just place your new logo files in the root directory and the windows directory locations.

C:\logo.sys

C:\windows\logos.sys

C:\windows\logow.sys

If you should ever desire to see the original logos again, just delete the logos you've added and the originals will automatically be restored.

jaclaz

Unfortunately, after I copied new file to c:\windows\logow.sys and restart, when I turned on computer an error has occurred: "Explorer.exe caused an error in <unknown>." and taskbar are not displayed. When I removed the file, the error no longer occurred.

Edited by nienormalny12

Unfortunately, after I copied new file to c:\windows\logow.sys and restart, when I turned on computer an error has occurred: "Explorer.exe spowodował wystąpienie błędu w <nieznany>." When I removed the file, the error no longer occurred.

Strange.

Are you sure it is a "valid" file? :unsure:

What is the EXACT size (in bytes) of that file?

It should be a bitmap 320x400, 256 colours , exactly 129,078 bytes in size.

jaclaz