McAfee Stinger now available for 64bit Systems

Been keeping McAfee Stinger handy for several years on my computer as I don't have an active running anti-virus program installed. These days it seems to be updated almost everyday but today is the first time I noticed they now have a version for x64 systems along with the 32 bit version ... for anyone interested.

It's possible that 64bit version has been there but I don't remember seeing it there a week ago.

Build Number: 11.0.0.204

Build Date: 22-Mar-2013

http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/free-tools/stinger.aspx

Stinger

McAfee Stinger detects and removes prevalent Fake Alert malware and threats identified in the "List Viruses" section of the Stinger application. While not a replacement

for full fledged antivirus software, Stinger is updated multiple times a week to include detection for newer Fake Alert variants and prevalent viruses.

... The current Build Number and Date are always in the Stinger Release Notes on the right side.

Edited by duffy98

OK ... thanks for the "Thanks" ... I like having Stinger handy to check downloads every so often ... that I might not be 100% sure about. Just a nice little program. When I left Windows 98SE last year for XP Pro, Stinger still worked with Windows 98SE at that time. I can no longer be sure it still does but it's possible it still might work.

• 2 months later...