Your Favorite Themes for Windows 8

DosProbie

• 2 weeks later...

xXiNightXx, on 07 Oct 2014 - 10:02 AM, said:

Windows RP for Windows 10 Technical Preview

Download

windows_rp__windows_10_technical_preview

Thanks for your effort xXiNightXx, although windows 10 or maybe MS going to name 11 at release, is still underground.

I have Windows Style Builder 1.5.4.6 beta and OldNewExplorer 1.1 , I'd like to know how to make this picture like in your Windows Aero theme for windows 8.1 Update 1:

yXUCrJs.png

You can just patch the shellbrd.dll file with resource hacker to change the logo.

~DP

DosProbie, on 04 Nov 2014 - 04:10 AM, said:

moataz, on 23 Oct 2014 - 2:20 PM, said:

xXiNightXx, on 07 Oct 2014 - 10:02 AM, said:xXiNightXx, on 07 Oct 2014 - 10:02 AM, said:

Windows RP for Windows 10 Technical Preview

Download

windows_rp__windows_10_technical_preview

Thanks for your effort xXiNightXx, although windows 10 or maybe MS going to name 11 at release, is still underground.

I have Windows Style Builder 1.5.4.6 beta and OldNewExplorer 1.1 , I'd like to know how to make this picture like in your Windows Aero theme for windows 8.1 Update 1:

yXUCrJs.png

You can just patch the shellbrd.dll file with resource hacker to change the logo.

~DP

Thanks DosProbie, but I found that editing this file and basebrd.dll breaks Windows activation.

plus Microsoft could update Windows files and remove it.

Edited by moataz

@Moataz, I have never Had A Issue with "Breaking" the activation when changing the unprotected shellbrd file, but since this is a across the board system change I could see Windows updates reverting it back to the default bmp file.

~DP

@Moataz, I have never Had A Issue with "Breaking" the activation when changing the unprotected shellbrd file, but since this is a across the board system change I could see Windows updates reverting it back to the default bmp file.

~DP

Sorry, I wasn't accurate, the activation breaks only when editing basebrd.dll not shellbrd.dll.

Seems I'm going to stay with it, since I don't know how to modify theme files correctly to do it.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@aphelion

can you share the theme? It looks nice :)

Sure np, I tried PMing you but it didnt work. Send me one and I will shoot you the link. I'd have to get author's permission to release more widely I think

Edit: My original work (psd, png, reg) is available here: https://mega.co.nz/#!zIIAzIQB!oIhhIDwjFBLlHClxKEA1fDYRRR8l1T7olsBufU3-XRs (needs Snowy8, files are named after the resource numbers)

Edited by aphelion

I can send you the patched file if you PM me or enable PM's  :huh: or you can use any resource editing tool. I used Resource Hacker. The changes are made to GlassSnowy8.msstyles

Edited by aphelion

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...