Your Favorite Themes for Windows 8

DosProbie

Please help me. I have two themes. One is RP theme i like it, but without glow effect on caption buttons. Onother from there - too much colorized theme, but nice caption buttons with glow effect. How to move only button resources from 2nd theme to 1st.

Why dont you change first to Windows theme like Earth then go into Themes and remove the Hawaii folder and HawaiianScapes.theme file reboot then try and reinstall

thanks - had found some of that - at the moment i have completely screwed themes - i had one of yours fully working - its all gone - all i see is the bacic - its still your theme but all the customisation has gone

i assumed i had lost uxstyle but it seems to be there - done reboots and a system restore and nothing - so will have to work out what i have broken

Why dont you use the RTM, It should match up for you..

Please help me. I have two themes. One is RP theme i like it, but without glow effect on caption buttons. Onother from there - too much colorized theme, but nice caption buttons with glow effect. How to move only button resources from 2nd theme to 1st.

No, RTM is not so biutifull as RP - glowed text on title bars, 3d effect on taskbar, for expample.

Edited by CKyHC

Check these sites out..DP

http://www.vistastylebuilder.com/windows7.html

http://www.telerik.com/products/winforms/visual-style-builder.aspx

No, RTM is not so biutifull as RP - glowed text on title bars, 3d effect on taskbar, for expample.

Perhaps I'll try Snowy v3.0. It looks cool!

------------------------------------

Edit: OK, I've just tried it and I changed my mind! The title bar looks beautiful but I don't like the Start Menu without the user picture. The theme also sets the wallpapers to Slide show, which I don't like either!

Have to return to the default theme now. Thanks for posting the links though.

Edited by Aloha

Perhaps I'll try Snowy v3.0. It looks cool!

------------------------------------

Edit: OK, I've just tried it and I changed my mind! The title bar looks beautiful but I don't like the Start Menu without the user picture. The theme also sets the wallpapers to Slide show, which I don't like either!

Have to return to the default theme now. Thanks for posting the links though.

Themes are not static! You can change them how you like! You can always customize how you want your start menu (with startisback ) or wallpapers (within windows 8 personalization dialog).

For those who want the windows 7 Aero style. I designed this theme to have 2 flavor styles (Square and rounded) That works well with the aero tool available from this site.

Aero 8 for Windows 8

Welcome to the world of Aero for windows 8! This theme has been redesigned to fit in with the style of windows 8 with squared off borders, buttons, and controls (Also Rounded). It works well with the Aero blur tool and startisback Start menu re-implementation. This theme includes all Windows 7 Themes; Architecture, Characters, Lanscapes, Nature, Scenes, & United states. (Includes Wallpapers, SoundSchemes, & Cursors).

Download (also check out my Deviantart for more theme styles I have been working on :D )

aero_8_rev_2_4_by_xxinightxx-d5so8o8.png

Edited by xXiNightXx

Nice job xXiNightXx! like the use of square and nav buttons, just not a big fan of the aero taskbar streak in your png resource, now if we could only bring back the blue magnify glass to match the blue text that would be a nice touch..

For those who want the windows 7 Aero style. I designed this theme to have 2 flavor styles (Square and rounded) That works well with the aero tool available from this site.

Aero 8 for Windows 8

Welcome to the world of Aero for windows 8! This theme has been redesigned to fit in with the style of windows 8 with squared off borders, buttons, and controls (Also Rounded). It works well with the Aero blur tool and startisback Start menu re-implementation. This theme includes all Windows 7 Themes; Architecture, Characters, Lanscapes, Nature, Scenes, & United states. (Includes Wallpapers, SoundSchemes, & Cursors).

Download (also check out my Deviantart for more theme styles I have been working on :D )

aero_8_rev_2_3_by_xxinightxx-d5so8o8.png

Themes are not static! You can change them how you like! You can always customize how you want your start menu (with startisback ) or wallpapers (within windows 8 personalization dialog).

I am using StartIsBack. This theme doesn't show the user picture on Start Menu although I have this option checked in SIB settings. But I really like the way the Automatic of this theme picks the color when the wallpaper changes. It looks nicer than that of the default theme, especially if the color is red or pink.

I'll try to apply the theme by xXiNightXx to see if I like it!

xXiNightXx,

Thanks for sharing your work. Hope it will change the color of the theme when I change the wallpaper. Blue theme is somewhat blue to me!

I am using StartIsBack. This theme doesn't show the user picture on Start Menu although I have this option checked in SIB settings. But I really like the way the Automatic of this theme picks the color when the wallpaper changes. It looks nicer than that of the default theme, especially if the color is red or pink.

xXiNightXx,

Thanks for sharing your work. Hope it will change the color of the theme when I change the wallpaper. Blue theme is somewhat blue to me!

It does for the theme. The other wallpaper choices you will have to enable that option in the personalization window :D

xXiNightXx,

Even though the inactive title bar is a little too dark, I think your theme is very good-looking! It does change the color automatically with the wallpapers. But why the window corners still look round even when I choose Aero 8 Square default? Is it because I don't have Aero Glass?

PS. Everytime I change the theme I hate W8 like hell! It always disables the screen saver whenever a new theme is applied!

Edit: Never mind! I've just enabled windows shadows and they look square now!

Edited by Aloha

xXiNightXx,

Maybe its a bug. But yes picture does work with StartIsBack for me. :yes:

1zvfiaw.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/1zfod5c.jpg