Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Your Favorite Themes for Windows 8

• Please log in to reply
451 replies to this topic

DosProbie

DosProbie

MSFN Expert

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,040 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Donator

Nice Job!..Keep 'em comingPosted Image
P.S I will be posting a new PiratesScapes Aero theme in next few days..DP

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

DosProbie

DosProbie

MSFN Expert

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,040 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Donator

++ Pirate Scapes Aero Themepack For Windows 8 ++

LQQking for some adventure and pirates plunder to add to your desktop? Then hoists your sails and batten down the hatches with the "Pirate Scapes Themepack" for Windows 8! [Cloud Download Link]

Posted Image
[Includes]
• Pirate wallpapers, sound, cursor schemes and pirate desktop icons.
• Bonus pack of pirate theme music, pirate font pack and user bmp.
• Rounded glow + Square non glow.
• Easy Installer and Uninstaller included!

[Install]
• To install this theme just right click "Setup.exe" as Administrator.
will auto install Theme (doing all the dirty work for you) then will restart to finalize changes.
• Tip:When running the Square theme make sure you uncheck "Rounded windows frames" if using AGTweaker.

Enjoy!! DP Posted Image

Edited by DosProbie, 13 May 2013 - 08:16 AM.

• Aloha likes this

adacom

adacom

• PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Joined 27-January 13

thats nice - some excellent wallpapers - would be better [i think] if the text at the top of the windows was a light colour - very difficult to read on the dark colours - easier on the round cornered one where there is some background blur but that does not show on the square corned one

Edited by adacom, 11 May 2013 - 11:05 AM.

DosProbie

DosProbie

MSFN Expert

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,040 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Donator

I am using a lap and the taskbar is slightly darker but still very readable, was just trying to get away from the cotton candy blur on the text but If your using AGTweaker you can adjust the Opacity and Blur sliders and check off the Use native Blur for the text.. DP

thats nice - some excellent wallpapers - would be better [i think] if the text at the top of the windows was a light colour - very difficult to read on the dark colours - easier on the round cornered one where there is some background blur but that does not show on the square corned one

adacom

adacom

• PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Joined 27-January 13

I am using a lap and the taskbar is slightly darker but still very readable, was just trying to get away from the cotton candy blur on the text but If your using AGTweaker you can adjust the Opacity and Blur sliders and check off the Use native Blur for the text.. DP

thanks - done most of that - it all is great as i said - just a personal thing - not a show stopper by any means - been using it - just my personal taste - thought it was a reg value but cannot find it - is it embedded in the skin

xXiNightXx

xXiNightXx

Junior

• Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Joined 03-December 12
Just some new tweaks to my Aero Theme for windows 8:
Aero 8 for Windows 8

Welcome to the world of Aero for windows 8! This theme has been redesigned to fit in with the style of windows 8 with squared off borders, buttons, and controls (Also Rounded). It works well with the Aero blur tool and startisback Start menu re-implementation. This theme includes all Windows 7 Themes; Architecture, Characters, Lanscapes, Nature, Scenes, & United states. (Includes Wallpapers, SoundSchemes, & Cursors).

-----------New Releases "Aero 8"---------------------------------
REV 3.0 5/12/13
-Improved Window Frames (Both Themes)
-IMproved Taskbar (Both Themes)
-Fixed Side Taskbar-Small Icons (Both Themes)
-Fixed Inactive Window Text Glow Color (Rounded Theme)
-Added Aero Glass Compatible Default Theme Files (In Extras Folder)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Download
Posted Image
  • Aloha likes this

DosProbie

DosProbie

MSFN Expert

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,040 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Donator

Thanks, xXiNight for the update..Posted Image

xXiNightXx

xXiNightXx

Junior

• Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Joined 03-December 12
For those who are in the mood for some old school themes. I have a Windows xp royale theme for windows 8.
Download
Posted Image
  • Aloha likes this

xXiNightXx

xXiNightXx

Junior

• Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Joined 03-December 12
Some more windows love XD I present an updated version of my Vista Vs
It comes in 2 flavors; Rounded and Square just like my Windows 7 theme.
Download
Posted Image
  • Aloha likes this

adacom

adacom

• PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Joined 27-January 13
a comment - no more on the vista theme above - i downloaded it - installed it and it worked fine although i never saw rounded corners - i have uxstle installed - i did a reboot as some updates had installed and could bor reboot - just a black screen - had to do a system restore

am not saying its the theme - just asking if anyone else has had problems - not keen to try it again at the moment

Aloha

Aloha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Joined 07-February 08

Thanks for this update version. I only use theme Square Default as usual!

I happened to delete the previous version without backing it up. How awful! Do you still have the old link so that I can download it again, Night?

DosProbie

DosProbie

MSFN Expert

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,040 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Donator

Here is screenshot of vista theme with authentic desktop icons for User files and Network, I made a vista.dll file with all vista icons, You can use it with any of the Vista themes on here to complete the vista desktop experience, if anyone is interested let me know and I can post the file with instructions on here..DP

Posted Image

link6155

link6155

• 18 posts
  • Joined 04-February 13
Updated my theme Acid to Beta now:
Posted Image

More information here: http://fav.me/d64h5fl
  • Aloha likes this

xXiNightXx

xXiNightXx

Junior

• Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Joined 03-December 12

I happened to delete the previous version without backing it up. How awful! Do you still have the old link so that I can download it again, Night?

No, its long gone. What did you like about the previous version? (I could potentially add it in as an alternate msstyle.)

xXiNightXx

xXiNightXx

Junior

• Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Joined 03-December 12

Here is screenshot of vista theme with authentic desktop icons for User files and Network, I made a vista.dll file with all vista icons, You can use it with any of the Vista themes on here to complete the vista desktop experience, if anyone is interested let me know and I can post the file with instructions on here..DP

Posted Image

Is that windows 7 in the picture? I have seen a couple people have the windows 7 explorer frames where the glass area is back in the navigation area, but could not tell if it was fake or real.

xXiNightXx

xXiNightXx

Junior

• Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Joined 03-December 12

a comment - no more on the vista theme above - i downloaded it - installed it and it worked fine although i never saw rounded corners - i have uxstle installed - i did a reboot as some updates had installed and could bor reboot - just a black screen - had to do a system restore

am not saying its the theme - just asking if anyone else has had problems - not keen to try it again at the moment

The theme has 2 styles rounded and squared. To get the rounded borders, you select the round theme and enable aero glass as described in the install text file. As for the black screen bug, what theme patcher did you install?

Aloha

Aloha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Joined 07-February 08

No, its long gone. What did you like about the previous version?

I am not very sure why I prefer the older version. Perhaps I like more visible strikes on the title bar! But it's OK, this update is also very nice. I like it much more than any other themes by you. Thanks for replying.

xXiNightXx

xXiNightXx

Junior

• Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Joined 03-December 12

No, its long gone. What did you like about the previous version?

I am not very sure why I prefer the older version. Perhaps I like more visible strikes on the title bar! But it's OK, this update is also very nice. I like it much more than any other themes by you. Thanks for replying.

yeah I had lots of request to lower the opacity of the streaks on the taskbar/windows. Not much I can do about it now since it took me forever just to make the new frames. lol

xXiNightXx

xXiNightXx

Junior

• Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Joined 03-December 12
Ambient for windows 8
Download
Posted Image
  • Aloha likes this

adacom

adacom

• PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Joined 27-January 13

The theme has 2 styles rounded and squared. To get the rounded borders, you select the round theme and enable aero glass as described in the install text file. As for the black screen bug, what theme patcher did you install?

i had and have uxstyle - that is/was running as i was using a theme that needed it - i installed your thems - did it manually and played around with it for some little time - tried square and rounded corners - did not see rounded - but did not have them set in the tweaker - no problem as i prefer square - that was just a comment as it all was

all was working fine - i was prompted to reboot as windows had updated so did that and got a black screen on reload - only way back was a system repair back to a day or so ago

as i say comments - no more - if no one else has seen it then i am happy to blame Microsoft

xXiNightXx

xXiNightXx

Junior

• Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Joined 03-December 12

i had and have uxstyle - that is/was running as i was using a theme that needed it - i installed your thems - did it manually and played around with it for some little time - tried square and rounded corners - did not see rounded - but did not have them set in the tweaker - no problem as i prefer square - that was just a comment as it all was

all was working fine - i was prompted to reboot as windows had updated so did that and got a black screen on reload - only way back was a system repair back to a day or so ago

as i say comments - no more - if no one else has seen it then i am happy to blame Microsoft

I have had the black screen bugs back when I use to have my system files patched just to use themes. But ever since I switched to : http://www.uxstyle.com/ the black screens went away after updates.

Edited by xXiNightXx, 18 May 2013 - 03:47 AM.

adacom

adacom

• PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Joined 27-January 13

I have had the black screen bugs back when I use to have my system files patched just to use themes. But ever since I switched to : http://www.uxstyle.com/ the black screens went away after updates.

thats what i am using - as said i am not blaming the theme - just looking to try and find why it happened

CKyHC

CKyHC

• PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13

Rev 2.4
Rev 2.3

Edited by CKyHC, 18 May 2013 - 06:13 AM.

• Aloha likes this

Aloha

Aloha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Joined 07-February 08
CKyHC,
Thanks a lot! Downloading it right now! I need version 2.4 only.

Adacom,
This patch works perfect for me:
http://www.syssel.ne...eme.php?lang=en

Night,
I'll give your new theme a try too!

Aloha

Aloha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Joined 07-February 08
I wish there would be an Aero theme with the title bar like this Ambient. The white caption on the title bar is so nice IMO. If it is an aero visual style, it will have the automatic color, right?

Don't know what has happened! I've got back Aero rev 2.4, applied it and then decided to use rev 3.0 instead! But will keep rev 2.4 in case I change my mind again!

Thanks for all the themes posted on this thread, btw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users