Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Your Favorite Themes for Windows 8

• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

DosProbie

DosProbie

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 747 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Donator

Hey found this ThemeSwitcher off WinAero and it works pretty good, supports switching your themes via command line as well.. DPPosted Image
http://winaero.com/b...command-prompt/

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Lunos

Lunos
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 22-May 13
I really love the "Aero 8" Theme by ~xXiNightXx
It's an amazing replica of Windows 7 VS <3
Posted Image

Link:
http://xxinightxx.de...ero-8-350491112

xXiNightXx

xXiNightXx

Junior

• Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Joined 03-December 12
Edge 8 for windows 8
Download
Posted Image
  • Aloha likes this

JorgeA

JorgeA

FORMAT B: /V /S

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 3,242 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

Here is screenshot of vista theme with authentic desktop icons for User files and Network, I made a vista.dll file with all vista icons, You can use it with any of the Vista themes on here to complete the vista desktop experience, if anyone is interested let me know and I can post the file with instructions on here..DP

Posted Image

There is a TON of gorgeous work shown in this thread, but this is my favorite (so far)! :thumbup (For the reason, just check what I have as my OS over on the left...) It seems to complete the beautiful theme xXiNightXx created.

Please do post the file and instructions. Maybe you can list everything that the image that we see above involves in terms of OS tweaks?

Also, would this theme work on a Windows 7 machine?

Thanks very much.

--JorgeA

Edited by JorgeA, 23 June 2013 - 11:23 PM.

DosProbie

DosProbie

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 747 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Donator

Because of all the requests, I am updating my VistaSe7en Aero Theme which includes a lot of bonus software and easy installer, should have something by end of the week or first part of next week, In meantime xXiNightXx has a great Aero theme and Vista theme posted on here with the rounded corners similar to my screen shot, then you can just update the desktop icons etc. DP

Here is screenshot of vista theme with authentic desktop icons for User files and Network, I made a vista.dll file with all vista icons, You can use it with any of the Vista themes on here to complete the vista desktop experience, if anyone is interested let me know and I can post the file with instructions on here..DP

Posted Image

There is a TON of gorgeous work shown in this thread, but this is my favorite (so far)! :thumbup (For the reason, just check what I have as my OS over on the left...) It seems to complete the beautiful theme xXiNightXx created.

Please do post the file and instructions. Maybe you can list everything that the image that we see above involves in terms of OS tweaks?

Thanks very much.

--JorgeA

Tusticles

Tusticles

• PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Joined 03-February 13

Because of all the requests, I am updating my VistaSe7en Aero Theme which includes a lot of bonus software and easy installer, should have something by end of the week or first part of next week, In meantime xXiNightXx has a great Aero theme and Vista theme posted on here with the rounded corners similar to my screen shot, then you can just update the desktop icons etc. DP

Thanks very much.

--JorgeA

The screenshot you posted, is that windows 7 or 8?

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12

Donator

It would have to be Windows 7, the explorer windows don't look like that in Windows 8, the part behind the address bar and navigation buttons can not be aero glass and also there is no up arrow next to the nav buttons.

Tusticles

Tusticles

• PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Joined 03-February 13

It would have to be Windows 7, the explorer windows don't look like that in Windows 8, the part behind the address bar and navigation buttons can not be aero glass and also there is no up arrow next to the nav buttons.

I thought so...

DosProbie

DosProbie

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 747 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Donator

It is actually a shot of Vista..Posted Image

I thought so...

xXiNightXx

xXiNightXx

Junior

• Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Joined 03-December 12

Edge 8 3.0 for windows 8 Pro  (8.1 version coming soon)

Changelog:
v3.0
-Dark Style is back!
-New Item Hovers
-New Buttons
-Fixed Save/Run Dialog Footers (Thanks Grim!)
-Adjusted Command Module/preview pane horizontal for control panel
*Easy Install

DOWNLOAD

edge_8_by_xxinightxx-d5k946g.jpg

• Aloha likes this

DosProbie

DosProbie

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 747 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Donator

Nice Looking Theme!!

Only thing is your installer is showing 3 Trojan virus hits with VirusTotal,  probably false-positive because of a cracked version of winrar and sfx.. DP

https://www.virustot...sis/1380641208/

Edited by DosProbie, 01 October 2013 - 11:21 AM.

MrJinje

MrJinje

Toolâ„¢ Developer

• Developer
  • 1,055 posts
  • Joined 14-October 09

All black, still the #1 windows theme.

Win3x_Black_Screen_of_Death.gif

DosProbie

DosProbie

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 747 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Donator

:sneaky: lol..black is good..

xXiNightXx

xXiNightXx

Junior

• Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Joined 03-December 12

Strange, my copy of winrar is legit. I just updated to the latest version of it, should not be popping up any issues. Its most likely the command that it uses at the end to open the personalization window. "control.exe desktop"

Nice Looking Theme!!

Only thing is your installer is showing 3 Trojan virus hits with VirusTotal,  probably false-positive because of a cracked version of winrar and sfx.. DP

https://www.virustot...sis/1380641208/

Edited by xXiNightXx, 01 October 2013 - 01:27 PM.

Aaaaa

Aaaaa

• 31 posts
  • Joined 02-November 12

Vista_Theme.jpg

Is that on Windows 8?

If so, how did you get the transparent address bar, etc?

Tusticles

Tusticles

• PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Joined 03-February 13

Is that on Windows 8?

If so, how did you get the transparent address bar, etc?

Windows Vista...

DoubleSAnimations

DoubleSAnimations

• PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Joined 17-October 13

an_old_version_of_windows_8_by_supershad

I'd like to know if there's any way possible to port this theme of this old version of Windows 8, including the non-flat Ribbon UI, and port it to the final of 8 and 8.1. 

This is the Consumer Preview  Winver 6.2 Build 8250. 

Edited by DoubleSAnimations, 24 October 2013 - 07:32 PM.

eggi36

eggi36
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 21-December 10

Non flat is no problem. Just replace the uiribbon.dll and the corresponding mui files with the ones from the Consumer Preview. Done that some time ago.

Screenshot_12.png

DoubleSAnimations

DoubleSAnimations

• PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Joined 17-October 13

Can you tell me the files of the ones to get from Consumer Preview other than the UIRibbon file and the corresponding mui ones from the en-US folder, just to make sure I'm getting the right ones? If you can, that'd be great. I've always remembered the Non-Flat Ribbon that use to be in Consumer Preview. I thought to myself, Why couldn't Microsoft leave that alone?

Edited by DoubleSAnimations, 25 October 2013 - 09:37 AM.

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12

Donator

Can you tell me the files of the ones to get from Consumer Preview other than the UIRibbon file and the corresponding mui ones from the en-US folder, just to make sure I'm getting the right ones? If you can, that'd be great. I've always remembered the Non-Flat Ribbon that use to be in Consumer Preview. I thought to myself, Why couldn't Microsoft leave that alone?

You need 3 files, UIRibbon.dll, UIRibbonRes.dll and UIRibbon.dll.mui, just tried it and it worked.

Max128

Max128

• 38 posts
  • Joined 08-October 13

You need 3 files, UIRibbon.dll, UIRibbonRes.dll and UIRibbon.dll.mui, just tried it and it worked.

I want this theme too, can you upload the files please thanks!

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12

Donator

Here you go http://www.putlocker...32419006ED211C5

DoubleSAnimations

DoubleSAnimations

• PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Joined 17-October 13

And these go in the System 32 folder AND the SysWOW64 folder? Or Just the System32 folder?

Max128

Max128

• 38 posts
  • Joined 08-October 13

Here you go http://www.putlocker...32419006ED211C5

Thanks i have the files , now I want to move them to C:\Windows\System32. Can not copy any files even in safe mode, I tried to give me the rights necessary not working either .. How do I do that?

DoubleSAnimations

DoubleSAnimations

• PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Joined 17-October 13

I believe you have to use the Security Tab on the properties of the 3 files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users