• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
figarow

Can't get user to Auto login with XP Home

30 posts in this topic

It logged in automatically after setup but then it gives me the welcome screen with user and owner.<snip>First login worked. Subsequent logins didn't.
?Would that be due to Fast User Switching being set (by default on Home)?

And FWIW, a TRUE Home OEM CD (supplied by the Manufacture, read that as "altered") just MIGHT be causing an "Owner" to be created (somewhere?). EVERY one I remember seeing (AFAICR, a/l HP/Compaq) had an "Owner" pre-built in.

Question - does the Source CD have ALL files in I386 the same date? (just look in Explorer and click the "Date" bar and scroll top/bottom)

Hmm... guess I could play with it a bit too. :}

-rename Administrator as "Owner" in nLite, that will keep nLite from creating an "owner" account by default which I suspect it does as it is an obligation of XP Home to have an account aside the Administrator. nLite should at least show that account but it does not.

Works a treat :) Thanks.

Edit... I just read -X-'s last post and I'm a bit confused. Are you sure it was XP home ?

Yes. For sure.

-rename Administrator as "Owner" in nLite

Works a treat :) Thanks.

Credits to my friend :sneaky: Atolica here (I'm still right about Owner and Administrator being two different accounts before his workaround, which he doesn't seem to aknowledge) :D

Hmmm... seems like nuhi definitely caused/forced it. Thx for the workaround solution.

Maybe it should be put into the "nLite FAQ" Sticky since it's an oddball?

For reference (not "unattended") -

XP Professional Install Screenshots.

http://www.buildeasypc.com/sw/windows_xp.htm

XP Home Install Screenshots.

http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/installxpcdnewhdd/indexfullpage.htm