Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Can't get user to Auto login with XP Home

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,338 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05

It logged in automatically after setup but then it gives me the welcome screen with user and owner.<snip>First login worked. Subsequent logins didn't.

?Would that be due to Fast User Switching being set (by default on Home)?

And FWIW, a TRUE Home OEM CD (supplied by the Manufacture, read that as "altered") just MIGHT be causing an "Owner" to be created (somewhere?). EVERY one I remember seeing (AFAICR, a/l HP/Compaq) had an "Owner" pre-built in.

Question - does the Source CD have ALL files in I386 the same date? (just look in Explorer and click the "Date" bar and scroll top/bottom)

Hmm... guess I could play with it a bit too. :}

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

figarow

figarow

• 15 posts
  • Joined 04-April 13

-rename Administrator as "Owner" in nLite, that will keep nLite from creating an "owner" account by default which I suspect it does as it is an obligation of XP Home to have an account aside the Administrator. nLite should at least show that account but it does not.

Works a treat :) Thanks.

-X-

-X-

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 2,421 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

Edit... I just read -X-'s last post and I'm a bit confused. Are you sure it was XP home ?

Yes. For sure.

Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk post-12166-0-42859000-1399044129.png ]
               If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

Ponch

Ponch

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 3,291 posts
  • Joined 23-November 05

-rename Administrator as "Owner" in nLite

Works a treat :) Thanks.

Credits to my friend :sneaky: Atolica here (I'm still right about Owner and Administrator being two different accounts before his workaround, which he doesn't seem to aknowledge) :D

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,338 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05
Hmmm... seems like nuhi definitely caused/forced it. Thx for the workaround solution.

Maybe it should be put into the "nLite FAQ" Sticky since it's an oddball?

For reference (not "unattended") -
XP Professional Install Screenshots.
http://www.buildeasy.../windows_xp.htm
XP Home Install Screenshots.
http://www.windowsxp...dexfullpage.htm

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users