Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

D not recognized until popped out & in

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

jog4joy

jog4joy
  • 3 posts
One drive on my Dell is a DVD-ROM. The second is a DVD+RW. After booting is finished, when I insert a CD in either drive the drive spins but does not recognize the CD. I eject the CD, reinsert it and the CD is recognized. This is just an annoyance. The bad part comes when I try to boot from a CD with the correct boot order in the BIOS. Then the computer ignores the CD and boots from the hard drive. Very scary and very annoying!

I have tested the drives using Dell diagnostics and they are fine. They also behave perfectly after the second insertion. Dell says to contact Microsoft as "it is a software problem."

BTW this problem has preceded and followed a complete system rebuild so reloading the OS has been tried and has not helped.

Any clues?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN