Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

How do you set "Full Control" for Administrator

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

raf1231

raf1231
  • 4 posts
I'm a "Home User" with average. I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3 on a desktop I built on a Gigabyte mother board. I have a 2-1/2 inch SATA in an external case plugged into a USB port. I'm trying to use an Explorer select on a CAB file and paste it to my desktop (or a network drive) -- a simple copy & paste. I get a "Compressed (zipped) Folders Error" message stating "Access to 'filename' was denied.

Actually, I can't perform any function on these file types. Does anyone have some ideas how I can grant myself "Full Control"?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,392 posts

Donator

The PDF is for Vista and above but it will give you an idea of how to do it on XP.
http://www.preyerpla...n-windows-7.pdf

Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk post-12166-0-42859000-1399044129.png ]
               If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

raf1231

raf1231
  • 4 posts
PROBLEM RESOLVED

Thanks for the tip. I had figured out "Part 1" on my own but couldn't remember what to do next.

Also, sorry the delayed response. I wanted to be sure I'd done every thing correctly. It seems I have succeeded.

It's amazing how much you can forget when you're not using things on a regular basis. I haven't worked since July of 2008. The only thing that offered me an income was to retire -- 3 years early. I'm pretty much settled into full-time retirement -- doubt I'd ever go back to IT if a job came along. Forty-four years was enough.

Edited by raf1231, 20 April 2013 - 02:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN