Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

After sleep, computer cannot wakeup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

rocksoccer

rocksoccer

• 35 posts
  • Joined 04-January 05
Hi,
I upgrade my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 8. The sleep becomes broken, which has been working perfectly in Win7.

By broken, I mean when I make the computer into sleep, it sleeps fine. But when I wake it up, there is no reaction from either keyboard, mouse, or the power button.
So I have to hold the power button for a few seconds to turn the computer off, and then restart it. Most of those restarts, I will get the following error. Then I have to go through the win8 trouble shooting to make the computer work again.

Posted Image

My motherboard is Gigabyte H55m-usb3, BIOS version is F11. Graphic card is Onda nVidia GTX460.
Attachment is a more detailed hardware list.

Does anybody have similar problems? Any solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Detailed hardware list
Spoiler

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

puntoMX

puntoMX

n00b of Masters and Vice Versa

• Super Moderator
  • 4,852 posts
  • Joined 28-June 04
Your motherboard isn't 100% Windows 8 compatible. I would try to start to disable "GIGABYTE SATA2" to start with and make sure you have your harddisks (ODD and SSD too if you have them) are connected to SATA2_0, SATA2_1, SATA2_2, SATA2_3 or SATA2_4.

Do you have any other add-on cards plugged in? I don't see the hardware list...

rocksoccer

rocksoccer

• 35 posts
  • Joined 04-January 05
I have updated the post to include the hardware list. It seems the attachment does not support txt file.

Basically, I have a 128SSD and 1TB harddisk, both are connected to the native SATA port on the motherboard. The GIGABYTE SATA2 ports are not used.

I will try switching that off during the weekend, and update the result.

Edited by rocksoccer, 25 April 2013 - 04:21 PM.

puntoMX

puntoMX

n00b of Masters and Vice Versa

• Super Moderator
  • 4,852 posts
  • Joined 28-June 04
Thats a long text. :wacko:

Did you install the chipset drivers that are found here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users