Cant install software in audit mode

I am trying to do a scrpted install of windows 8 via the audit mode using an autounattend.xml file. I am having 2 issues. First is during the first reboot after its done extracting the image to the HDD it hangs on the first reboot. It will not reboot and I have to power off the machine. Second issue is it does not install any of the applications I want to install in audit mode. It takes a really long time to even do the audit mode log on. It stays on loggin in administrator with the little swirlly thing. After some time it errors with a diaglog box with slash commands for a using the wusa.exe to install *.msu files. I was wondering if I need to move the quotes in the xml file due to the spaces in the folder name. Here are my xml files. Let me know where I am going wrong on this.

autounattend.xml

unattend2.xml

Some things to note based on your autounattend.xml...

- No need to specify the Administrator account as the one that logs on automatically. It does this anyways.

- I see you did not create any users in AuditSystem. This implies that you will be using the built-in Administrator account, but unfortunately this won't work because the Administrator account is disabled!

- I would take all those commands 1-12 and put them in a .cmd file. Then just call the CMD file. I think you should have some error handling present so that you only run Sysprep if you can confirm all your commands ran. BUT there is still a problem with this as is. You sysprep command at 99 would fail because sysprep will already be running. If you wanted to run sysprep with the answer file, you'll need to kill the one that's open already. You can use taskkill in your CMD to do this.

I have no idea what you are doing with that command in specialize... :blink:

Here is an example unattend I had used for testing.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">
<settings pass="auditSystem">
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<AutoLogon>
<Enabled>true</Enabled>
<LogonCount>1</LogonCount>
<Username>Admin</Username>
</AutoLogon>
<UserAccounts>
<LocalAccounts>
<LocalAccount wcm:action="add">
<Password>
<Value></Value>
<PlainText>true</PlainText>
</Password>
<Group>Administrators</Group>
<Name>Admin</Name>
</LocalAccount>
</LocalAccounts>
</UserAccounts>
</component>
</settings>
<settings pass="auditUser">
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Deployment" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<RunSynchronous>
<RunSynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">
<Order>400</Order>
<Path>cmd /C start /wait %systemdrive%\temp\setup.cmd</Path>
<WillReboot>Never</WillReboot>
</RunSynchronousCommand>
</RunSynchronous>
</component>
</settings>
</unattend>

I have a similar version of this unattended file and it works great on windows 7. Its pretty much a copy paste of the same thing but its in a windows 8 answer file. I went this route instead of the setupcomplete or using a cmd file because it makes a nice little check list of what apps installed. If you notice sometimes on new systems at the first log in there is a box that shows what installing or whats configuring and it goes down the list. I will check the administrator thing and set it to enabled and report back to see if anything is different.