Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Share internet with win7 ?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

lordsepid

lordsepid

Junior

• Pip
  • 58 posts
Hi
I've been gone for a very long time, it feels gooood to be back :hello:
I'm having a really annoying problem, I have a network consisting of 30 computers with win7 and one with windows xp.
I have to keep the XP because it has a DVR card which only works in XP :(

I want to share internet through this XP system and make it my server to control internet traffic.
Right now the modem shares the internet through PPPOE protocol and I want to make it Bridge and create a connection in XP and share this connection in other win7 clients.
I have some info about networking but this one i couldn't crack, the routine methods don't work.

I tried many things, modem's IP is 192.168.1.1
when XP shares internet connection, it changes the LAN IP to 192.168.0.1 and the server falls out of access by clients. when i change the IP back to 192.168.1.xxx range, sharing fails.
when i tried to change modem's IP to 192.168.0.254 and clients to 192.168.0.xxx range, internet on the server is lost :(

I don't know what else to do, Please help me !
The truth is completely obvious, you just need to be honest with yourself

http://www.mghsoft.net

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN