• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Glenn9999

Implementing Reader Mode

3 posts in this topic

I managed to get Reader Mode (*) implemented for an application of my own. The only thing I haven't managed yet is to get it working exactly like Internet Explorer/Firefox, where it pops that particular icon down where you middle click. Anyone have any ideas on where I can find it in the system? It should be in a relatively standard spot if it's been in since Internet Explorer 8 (and probably before). But if not, is there a good place to download one (preferably license-free)?

(*) - I had to research a ton to figure out that the particular feature was even *called* that. Middle click on an application that supports it, and it picks a spot and then you scroll the box you're in simply by moving the mouse. Clicking the mouse shuts it off.

Maybe it is call DoReaderMode and can be found in Comctl32.dll ?

Maybe it is, because like I wrote above, I got it implemented. But I have no special scroll origin icon like Internet Explorer does. That's the point behind this post. What do I need to do to get one?

Edited by Glenn9999