Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

How to add extra file in XP CD

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

kali

kali

KamrulCox

• Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Joined 17-April 11
I made a Customize XP CD and added many files successfully to this CD with $OEM$ folder. My added files were fonts, wallpaper, screensaver etc. Now I want to add these files without $OEM$ folder like XPCD files (probably with TXTSETUP.SIF). Is it possible?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,379 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05
What would you be "saving" by doing it that way? Space requirements are nearly identical, only the FolderName "space" would cause any difference and that would be "used up" by changing other files, correct?

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

kali

kali

KamrulCox

• Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Joined 17-April 11
Actually I wanted for tow reasons.

• I'll make my files cab like XP CD files. For example image.jpg to image.jp_. It'll save my disc space.
  • If I use $OEM$ folder every body finds the files what I added extra in my CD. But in my desire method, no body will find my file in normal mode.
On the other hand, I'm trying this step now. But it does not copy $OEM$files and folder. So I need eliminate $OEM$ folder.

-X-

-X-

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

So this is for redistribution?

Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk post-12166-0-42859000-1399044129.png ]
               If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

kali

kali

KamrulCox

• Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Joined 17-April 11

So this is for redistribution?

No. I made my CD for office. My colleague asked me this question. Then I desire to edit my CD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users