Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

[Solved] Annoying pop ups!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

bookie32

bookie32

• PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Hi jaclaz!

You are so right!!!

OK the favourites bar folder is the folder for all your links as shown in pic but in this pic it has the Swedish name of "Fältet Favoriter" which didn't show up in 7zip when I first looked...

As you can see my folders are all capitals and the favourites folder for internet explorer, as shown in another pic, is in lowercase....

Now I promise you there was no listing of a folder with lower case the first time I looked, so after looking at your links I renamed it to LINKS...when opened 7zip sure enough there was a folder LINKS albeit in lowercase....

I have since renamed it again to "Fältet Favoriter" to test a theory and sure enough when I open 7zip there is the folder "Fältet Favoriter" - BUT with the name links in lowercase....

So, I can say this is a great solution to my problem even if it is Windows problem....

I will mark this as "Solution" Solved.

Attached Files

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,026 posts

The "uppercase" vs."lowercase" is "queer", unless it is related to Swedish :unsure: language.

Which version of 7-zip are you running?

Can you try again with some other files/folders?

Maybe it's some stupid setting of the stupid OS, there was something like that in the good ol' times, and possibly it is still there, those names are not "lowercase", but rather "mixed case" with uppercase initial, they appear to be the effect of the "missing" DontPrettyPath in the Registry:

http://www.pctools.c...try/detail/768/

or some other obscure setting related to the specific folder.

jaclaz

bookie32

bookie32

• PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Hi jaclaz!

Well, I changed the DontPrettyPath....but can't say at the moment if it did anything pertaining to this...

But...lol...I did change the name "Links" to "LINKS" in 7zip (which BTW is 9.20 for 64bit) and next time I opened favourites with 7zip it was capitals....

So, all's well and ends well....lol

Thanks to everyone that helped on this!

Much appreciated!

bookie32

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN