Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Reformat a HDD and maintain product activation of a PC with a VLK?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,190 posts
OK, this is strange - I found this indicating the jumper on the HDD (I know, absolutely silly, but...) -
http://h30499.www3.h...ing/td-p/421520

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

E-66

E-66

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

(I know, absolutely silly, but...)

...but it worked! A million thanks to you.

I had it jumpered as Master, like I have with every other PATA HDD that was the boot drive of the system. I don't know if I would have ever eventually tried messing with the jumper settings, but I'm sure glad you found that for me.

I don't have it jumpered as CS now, I just removed the jumper entirely which is the setting for a single drive system, and by the time the CRT monitor warmed up it was just finishing showing the desktop. :thumbup

Who knew it was so easy to get excited over a PC that's almost 10 years old? Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it.

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,190 posts
:blink:
Hoping the CD/DVD drive wasn't on the same cable?

Ennyhoo, apparently what was happening was the Boot Device wasn't getting properly recognized, the Other Devices were checked, then when all else fails, try ANY recognized (even wrongly ordered jumpered).

Edited by submix8c, 12 May 2013 - 02:55 PM.

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN