Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

How to bypass Product Key when Setup Windows 8

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

congnt92

congnt92

Junior

• Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 01-April 13
Hi everybody.

When I setup windows 8, windows 8 pro I must type produckey to continuting setup. In order to bypass Producy key I created UNATTEND.XML file. But I get a problem when use UNATTEND.XML. The installation is not allowed choose edition to setup. There is a method to bypass produckey without UNATTEND.XML needed. It's put EI.CFG file to sources folder on the ISO and I did succeeded when setup from DVD. But when I setup windows 8 from usb with custom installation media and I put EI.CFG file to there, seem EI.CFG file wasn't configured, I must type product key to setup windows 8.

Quote from http://technet.microsoft.com

Edition Configuration File (EI.cfg)
The edition configuration file (EI.cfg) determines what edition of Windows to install and what license to use during Windows Setup. If you are using an answer file to configure an unattended setup, use the ProductKey or MetaData components to automate the edition selection screen of Windows Setup. For more information, see Work with Product Keys and Activation. The EI.cfg file replaces PID.txt and is located on the product media under the \sources folder. If you are creating custom installation media—for example, recovery media—make sure the settings in your EI.cfg file match the installation sources

How to settings in my EI.cfg file match the installation sources, if my custom installation media named "W832"?
Please :) :)

Edited by congnt92, 04 May 2013 - 10:04 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 6,121 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

use the old PID.txt instead and enter the key there.
Posted Image

congnt92

congnt92

Junior

• Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 01-April 13
Thanks for your reply, MagicAndre1981. But install.wim file in windows8.ISO content 2 edition. If I use UNATTEND.XML or PID.txt, the product key was typed in UNATTEND.XML or PID.txt decided Windows edition to install, So I can not choose any edition.

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

• Patrons
  • 6,121 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

but I think this is what you want?
Posted Image

congnt92

congnt92

Junior

• Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 01-April 13
Your resolution can help me setup windows 8 without type produckey needed. And you can help me more? I want to choose edtiton when setup windows 8. If I use PID.txt with special produckey, the key decided edition to install and I have not any other choice. Please :}

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

• Patrons
  • 6,121 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

the ei.cfg should look like this:

[EditionID]

[Channel]
Retail
[VL]

this should work.
Posted Image

congnt92

congnt92

Junior

• Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 01-April 13

the ei.cfg should look like this:

[EditionID]

[Channel]
Retail
[VL]

this should work.

That's true. Thanks MagicAndre1981. And still I have a question. I creat USB multiboot to setup multi windows 8. And I modified BCD to BC1 to load boot1.wim, BC2 load boot2.wim, .... Boot1.wim >>>>W832\install.wim, boot2.wim >>>>W864\install.wim. But if I only put install.wim file in W832 folder, the ei.cfg can not be configured. How to fix it?

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

• Patrons
  • 6,121 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

I've never created a multiboot usb device so I can't answer this.
Posted Image

congnt92

congnt92

Junior

• Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 01-April 13
Please help me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users