Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Need Help! Modify bootmgr windows 8

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

congnt92

congnt92

Junior

• Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 01-April 13

Yeah, better let's wait for Win10 final  ;)

Well, bmzip.exe does compress better, so the new bootmgr will be slighlty smaller.

I use the same compression code MS uses, so the size will stay more or less equal.

Maybe next year I'll add "ABC" feature.

This should be the offsets for 6.3.9600.16415

0000CF0E: 0F 90
0000CF0F: 88 90
0000CF10: AE 90
0000CF11: 02 90
0000CF12: 00 90
0000CF13: 00 90

000194A9: 74 EB

000194D3: 75 EB          At address D84 you have the \Boot\BCD string that you can change.

Wow. Can you tell me how to calculate the offsets to change value?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

congnt92

congnt92

Junior

• Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 01-April 13

Are you sure that delay comes from bootmgr?
It boots instantly for me!

I'm sure. Because if I use bootmgr original, no matter what happend. You can send me your bootmgr file after modified?

I'm sorry. The reason why I get delay issue is resources folder was missing on my usb.

I created a multi installing windows usb. So some unnecessary folder was removed: support, fonts, en-us, ... (include resourecs folder in boot folder). resources folder contain bootres.dll and because it was removed from my usb so i got delay issue.

So now, if I can, I want to ask

"How can I keep bootres.dll file same a USB which contain 2 sources of windows 7 and 8 ?". I guess that bootres.dll is load by boot.wim or BCD or something. Such as, if bootres.dll is loaded by Boot.wim, so I want to Boot.wim of windows 7 load bootre1.dll (to solve delay issue windows 7 installing), Boot.wim of windows 8 load bootre2.dll (to solve delay issue win 8 installing).

Of coures, missing bootres.dll file will make delay issue, but this error is not affect to the installing windows. Just, It could be better if we can resolved.

Edited by congnt92, Today, 12:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users