Dogway

Chipset Driver?

19 posts in this topic

get back to the issue at hand, possibly starting from scratch and with a somehow more open mind.... :)

it worked here :thumbup :

after a false start :ph34r: :

jaclaz

Tripredacus: This is the first time it happens to me but then it's actually a per-driver only thing, this time it just decided to honor built-in drivers instead of Intel's. And that's not always true (as seen by my old laptop, the XPx64 partition, etc). I'm not gonna risk getting a BSOD for this, so drivers stay as they are, maybe I can wait for driver's next version. I will buy a new system soon anyways.

jaclaz: it's alright, there's not much left to discuss here. Driver is not required, and setup.exe is broken in giving the nifty device manager names, unless someone comes here and prove this wrong. I also managed yesterday to make my smartphone communicate with XP thanks to an akward procedure (this must be a WMP11 bug)

I'm not gonna risk getting a BSOD for this, so drivers stay as they are, maybe I can wait for driver's next version.

I doubt it will change any. Intel rarely will actually update a driver when a new package is released. This is why driver versions in Device Manager rarely (if ever) match up to the version of teh Chipset driver package.

Edited by Tripredacus

Tripredacus: Yes, I'm aware of that, I was rather talking about the setup.exe and (component) entries naming convention. But who knows whether that is something prone to change or not.