Adding an OS to the boot screen

Larkas

Hello there, guys! Would you mind helping a lost guy?

I recently borrowed my previously main HDD (with my Windows 7 installation) to my girlfriend so she could backup a few things in her own computer. I was going on a long trip, so I didn't have a problem with that.

On the way back from that trip, I decided to grab a Windows 8 copy and a new, larger HDD for my computer. Getting back home, I was able to install it successfully. I didn't consider a simple fact, though: by not installing Windows 8 from Windows 7, the latter obviously won't show up in the former's boot screen.

I want to keep my Windows 7 installation as well, and by hooking it up to the primary SATA slot, I am able to boot it without any problems. What I really wanted to do, though, is to hook it up to the secondary SATA slot and add an entry for it in Windows 8's boot screen.

Now, I know that doing it involves messing with BCDEdit. However, I've only ever used it to modify waiting times and OS screen names back in Windows 7, I've never used it to add another OS directly entirely (that's not exactly true, I've used it to add an Ubuntu installation several years ago; it's been too long, though, and I don't remember what I did; I also don't know how usable that knowledge is.)! Could you guys please guide me on how to do it, or at least point me towards an article that does so?

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!