Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Linksys WMP54Gx ,WMP54GX4,WPC54GX in Windows 98se

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

farfigs11

farfigs11

Junior

• Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 29-October 12
I only have the WMP54GX, the others have similar drivers. I believe it's possible to use these in 98se but I have'nt been successful yet. Has anybody else have an interest in using these in 98se?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

jumper

jumper

2014 All-American Masters HJ'er

• PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Joined 21-January 11
I have a WPC54Gv2 right here sitting on my desk! The datasheet in the Downloads tab at http://support.links...adapters/WPC54G says: "Compatible with Windows 98SE, Millennium, 2000 and XP." The driver package is 18MB.

I also have a WMP54Gv4 that works in Win98SE.

The WPC54GX datasheet at http://support.links...dapters/WPC54GX says: "Minimum Requirements ... Microsoft Windows 2000 or XP" and the driver is only 4.89MB. :( There are many versions of the WPC54G, however, so if one of them uses the same chip as the GX, that SE driver might be worth a try.

WMP54GX: "Minimum Requirements...Microsoft Windows 2000 or XP"

Summary:
:) Wxx54G
:( Wxx54GX

Design feedback requested:
IHAtool - IpHlpApi tester; call various functions and report results
--status-> framework is solid; 22 api's fully supported; preview release coming soon
ComDlg32 wrapper - ComDlgEx meets IpHlpApi wrapper
--status-> PrintDlgExW working in latest SumatraPDF 8^)
Future projects: ImportPatcher40 - dialog interface; Kexter - IP40+Ktree+Kexstubs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users