ACPI.Sys latency caused by ACPIDevicePowerDpc, help!

problemToSolve

My computer recently stumbled heavily from latency issues, as described almost perfectly here:

I followed the instructions, and found that the problem was ACPI.SYS and in particular ACPIDevicePowerDpc, ACPIInterruptServiceRoutineDPC and APCIInterruptDispatchEventDPC were causing an entire core of my CPU to constantly be consumed with handling DPC/ISR events (shown below)post-378254-0-78446000-1369182984_thumb..

However, I have no idea what these relate to (perhaps the power button???) or more importantly, how to fix this issue.

Does anyone have an idea? Any help appreciated.

Hello. I have a similar issue, with a new laptop (Dell Latitude E6350).

I can hear the fan running and it feels hotter than I think it should. CoreTemp tells me the cores are all at around 70C. In ProcessExplorer, Interrupts is sitting at 9.4%.

I followed the instructions and captured an .etl trace file. Windows Performance Analyzer shows it's caused by ACPI.sys with ACPIInterruptDispatchEventDpc and ACPIInterruptServiceRoutineDPC.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Edited by stuckinstandby

Thanks for the response! Will try disabling devices one by one, WOL is already off. Out of curiosity, how did you find the ACPI.sys!OSNotifyDeviceWake was the issue? Didn't see that in the log, but of course don't know where to look.

Thanks again!