Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

andwan0

Windows SP1a

3 posts in this topic

I have a really old laptop (256MB RAM, etc) and it struggles running XP SP2 on it. It seems like it can only handle XP SP1a.

I have built a SP1a update list. Just wondering how I can get Windows Update Downloader to use/open my custom list? Or how can I compress the list into *.ulz format so I can double-click open it automatically?

windows-xp-sp1a-x86-enu.7z

What's wrong with XP SP3, should work on your laptop, you can get SP3 and Post-SP3 updates from the WUD Website, cause I'm providing the Update Lists for Win8, 7, and XP all 32-bit and x64.

http://www.windowsupdatesdownloader.com/ and click on my latest XP Update List dated 2013-05-14

Edited by steven4554

1 - ULZ file is just a ZIP file renamed

2 - There should be no difference in SP-level "performance". You must have had some extra services/programs running.