Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

XP slow to shutdown after a router change

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

videobruce

videobruce

• PipPip
  • 189 posts
Running XP pro w/sp3, after a changed my router one of my three active partitions (3 HDD's) the one I use all the time is slow to shutdown.
I changed out a old Verizon DSL route for a Linksys wireless router (using the wired connection) and by doing so the system is slow to shutdown. I remember reading something about network conflicts connected to the O/S, but don't remember the terms which makes searching impossible.

I use static IP addresses for my three PC's and two TiVo DVR's which are on the network. No firewalls. This happened right after I swapped routers.

When not in use, turn off the juice.

Think of someone else instead of just yourself. There is far more to it than your utility bill.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,672 posts

Donator

Not even the firewall built into Windows? What happens to the shutdown time if you have that enabled?
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3.x | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN