KernelEx 4.5.2 and Installing Flash Player 11.3.300.268

Inspiron7000

My PC is a PII 300MHz laptop with 320MB RAM.running Windows 98 SE (build 4.10.2222) . I tried to download and install Flash Player

Install_flash_player_11_plugin (version 11.3.300.268 16.8 MB)

and received the following error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C...

R6025

-pure virtual function call

Others using KernelEx 4.5.2 have posted that version 11.3.300.268 of Flash Player would install and run successfully. I would like to know how this was done..

I also got this same error when Mozilla Firefox version 8.0.0.0 tried to upgrade using http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/

Shockwave FlashShockwave Flash 10.1 r82 to the latest version of Flash Player (11.7...)

Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82 won't play Yahoo.com video snippets and YouTube videos are jerky.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

My advice is for you to go down to your local municipal e-waste recycling depot and pick out a mini-tower PC that someone has given up for scrap. You'll probably find that the hard drive has been removed (by the previous owner) but you'll probably find one in good condition with cpu and video card and ram all intact. Yes - people are throwing away 2ghz Pentium-4 mini-towers with 1 or 2 gig's installed ram.

Find one of those and install win-98 on it. What you have now should have been junked 10 years ago. I can't imagine that you use it as a portable computer - your battery is surely dead and it has no wifi capability.

...What you have now should have been junked 10 years ago....

:whistle:

You know, if everyone follows this *flawed* logic, there will soon be none of these

...people are throwing away 2ghz Pentium-4 mini-towers with 1 or 2 gig's installed ram. ...

left to pick up either... :angel

My PC is a PII 300MHz laptop with 320MB RAM.running Windows 98 SE (build 4.10.2222) . I tried to download and install Flash Player

Install_flash_player_11_plugin (version 11.3.300.268 16.8 MB)

and received the following error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C...

R6025

-pure virtual function call

Others using KernelEx 4.5.2 have posted that version 11.3.300.268 of Flash Player would install and run successfully. I would like to know how this was done..

Hello Inspiron7000,

here in the 9x/ME subforums are a lot of topics about  to install the Flash Player 10 and higher (Google search / MSFN Forums search). Your CPU (Pentium2) doesn't support the instructions sets SSE (P3) and SSE2 (P4)! Some links: FineSSE ; Why do some versions of Flash Player 9 work on YouTube while other ver FP 9.0.47.0 versus FP 9.0.115.0 link ;  KernelEX Wiki 

Just read Nomen's, LoneCrusader Windows 9X Diehard's and schwups' posts and I appreciate the response. BTW, I use NETGEAR WG511 Smartcard to connect at 54Mbps at McDonald's without a dip in speed. Battery life is about an hour and a half when I start with a full charge, which is pretty good for a Dell laptop designed for Win98 and NT.

It can play DVDs well, but online streaming from Yahoo and YouTube causes the video not to keep up with the sound. It came with 'Maestro Player' for audio and video and I upgraded to Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82. This morning I installed VLC version 2.0.6., but don't know how to setup Yahoo to use VLC to play videos. If you have any thoughts on how to do this, please let me know. Thanks.

Inspiron7000.

Edited by Inspiron7000

Hi, schwups,

I looked at the subforums on KernelEx and VLC 2.0.6. I have MSVCRT.DLL 6.00.9782.0 and MSVCR71.DLL

7.10.3052.4 in the SYSTEM folder and MSVCR71.DLL also in the OpenOffice.org 2.4\program folder. Can I copy MSVCR71.DLL into a temp folder, change the name to MSVCRT.DLL and drag and drop this older version (7... not 8..., which I don't have) into the SYSTEM folder to get VLC 2.0.6 to run?

Edited by Inspiron7000

Hi, schwups,

I looked at the subforums on KernelEx and VLC 2.0.6. I have MSVCRT.DLL 6.00.9782.0 and MSVCR71.DLL

7.10.3052.4 in the SYSTEM folder and MSVCR71.DLL also in the OpenOffice.org 2.4\program folder. Can I copy MSVCR71.DLL into a temp folder, change the name to MSVCRT.DLL and drag and drop this older version (7... not 8..., which I don't have) into the SYSTEM folder to get VLC 2.0.6 to run?

I don't know if VLC 2.0.6 works on a P2 machine. I can't check this. Maybe it also requires SSE. First try to install the last but one version 2.0.5 (requires KernelEX / no need to rename MSVCR70 or MSVCR71). Otherwise install version 0.8.6i (14.August.2008 / KernelEX not required / disable KernelEX if installed for vlc.exe). Links: Wiki ; FTP archive of VLC ; VideoLan Forum

Edited by schwups