Make Office 2003 look like 2000

Asp

I used Office 2000 for many years, I only "upgraded" to Office 2003 when dealing with docx files became too much of a hassle.

I tried the patch that is supposed to make 2000 able to read and write docx, but it was very flaky, and often didn't work at all.

So, I got Office 2003. I tried to get with the program, but I hate the interface more and more.

Changing and creating styles, for instance, is incredibly difficult and obscure. MS keeps making styles less accessible and now it seems you are supposed to choose "themes" and not trouble your tiny minds designing a specific layout.

And I edited a long document under the belief that change tracking was on, when in fact it was off, as the indicator is a subtle change of colour on some icon rather than a checkbox at the bottom of the screen.

I don't suppose there is a way to skin Office 2003 to have Office 2k menus and such?

Well, you COULD browse around Help and "Options" since many things are "additional" or "modifiable". Have you look at the "Tools->Options"? It really isn't THAT much different after setting it up properly... PLAY with it. ;)

Well, you COULD browse around Help and "Options" since many things are "additional" or "modifiable". Have you look at the "Tools->Options"? It really isn't THAT much different after setting it up properly... PLAY with it. ;)

I was hoping there was a single option somewhere that wouldn't require me to do any work.

Oh well.

Maybe I will try again to get the docx format working in 2k

It's been a while since I did that last. I'm setting up a new PC and finally jumped from Win2k to XP, so maybe that will make a difference.

Also Libre Office looks very much like Office 2000 and seems quite compatible.

Edited by Asp