New HFSLIP 1.7.10 beta K v9 build 20150818

Acheron

Recently I have posted a number of fixes for you to test. I got no response so far, probably because people have trouble modifying the script themselves adding these changes.

So I have cleaned up my code a bit and merged everything into the 1.7.10J branch maintained by mimo.

Fixes:
1. Fix for missing KB942288 catalog file
2. Fix for integrating muclt.dll.mui files (Windows Update)
3. Fix for integrating latest updroots.exe file
4. Fix for integrating KB961118 ntprint catalog file
5. Remove useless MSIEXEC /x commands (Uninstalls legacy PolicyMaker, not included with Windows XP)
6. Remove all start /wait commands (not needed)

New features
1. Support updating a OnePiece Internet Explorer 8 Addon integrated source.
2. Add support for changing temp SOURCE directory (can speed up HFSLIP when specifying different drive letters)
3. Add HFTOOLS\exclude.txt to allow excluding copying specific files / directories.

Please report your testing results here.

Changelog:

Jun 11, 2013 - Remove redundant START /WAIT commands. Add OnePiece Internet Explorer 8 Addon support. Fix integrating KB942288, KB961118 catalog files.  Support changing temporary SOURCESS folder path through answer file. Miscellanous changes and code fixes. Beta KJun 17, 2013 - Extract Windows Media Player 11 files to TEMP\WMP11 folder. Fix default SOURCESS path. Fix copying all files without exclude.txt Beta K v2Jun 27, 2013 - Increased command prompt screen buffer and window height. Changed project documentation urls to Mim0s site and updated MSFN forum links.  Prevent deletion of project files when SOURCESS path is set to the HFSLIP directory. Added support for updating uncompressed sysoc.inf.  Removed OS checks when integrating Windows Installer 4.5. Thx to tomasz86.  Changed Addon extraction code to fix short name issues. Also thx to tomasz86 for reporting and fixing this. Beta K v3Sep 01, 2013 - Merge a few lines from HFSLIP 2.0 branch. Only delete TEMP folder content, not the folder itself. Beta K v4Feb 23, 2014 - Block integration of WUDF 1.7 (WMP11) if found in source. Add support for integrating KB2878379. Beta K v5Feb 27, 2014 - Simplify file registration code and move commands from generated HFSLIP.cmd to HFSLIPWU.INF. Beta K v6Jun 25, 2015 - Fix HFSLIPSVC variable is used before declaration issue. Thx to Jakson and tomasz86. Beta K v7Aug 01, 2015 - Improve slipstreaming of Internet Explorer 8 files with long names. Beta K v8Aug 15, 2015 - Enable redirecting of HFSLIP command output by specifying OUTPUTFILE in answerfile.    Use PEChecksum instead of modifyPE on Windows Vista and higher. Fix integrating xpsp4res.dll. Beta K v9

hfslip-1.7.10_beta_K_v9.zip

Edited by Acheron

Have you tested the script with Windows 2000 and 2003 too, just to be sure that everything works all right?

If possible I'd like to ask for implementing also this fix.

No sorry, so far I have only tested Windows XP. Shouldn't matter as most fixes are pretty small.

i noticed you started also a specific Windows2000 branch. If possible I would like to merge your changes into this version.

Edited by Acheron

The fix which I mentioned above is the only significant difference between my version of the script and the one from Mim0. Once the fix has been implemented, there's no need to have a separate 2K branch.

I think it is great that HFSLIP is continued to be fixed and enhanced, even if I don't use it much anymore myself. I also believe that it would be best if there really was only one current version, that includes the fixes from both tomasz86 and Acheron and that it is hosted and distributed by Mim0 along with his File-Checker and update lists, for the convenience of the users. This would also eliminate any confusion as to which version of HFSLIP someone is using. While they are experimenting it is appropriate to have separate listings, but it would be better if they could be merged once they are stable. I'm not sure why/if Mim0 has been reluctant to include these fixes until now, but hopefully he will agree to do so.

Cheers and Regards

...but hopefully he will agree to do so.

Of course! I fully agree! That's the way how I handled fixes of HFSLIP in the past

...I'm not sure why/if Mim0 has been reluctant to include these fixes until now, ...

:blushing: The last time I was very busy and I lost the overview about pending fixes, sorry for that.

The other thing is: To start a test-phase - lik now - is a good way to validate changes of HFSLIP. If all is OK I would love it to host the new HFSLIP on my site! :)

Thanks to all,

Mimo

Edited by Mim0

I was gonna ask if anyone still had a copy of a HFSLIP 2.0 alpha version, but after an extensive search I found a download link on some Polish file sharing site :w00t:

Note I don't think it is a good idea to use this 2.0 alpha version at the moment. If possible I will try to look if there is something useful code to port back into the 1.7 version.

EDIT: I discovered links to HFSLIP64 are also broken. I should remember to always keep local copies of these files.

hfslip_2.0.0pa_80630a.7z

hfslip64-v1.1.5.zip

Edited by Acheron

Please report your testing results here.

hfslip-1.7.10_beta_J_v11.cmd works ok,

but after lunching hfslip-1.7.10_beta_K_v1.cmd

all files in my HFSLIP directory are gone (?!) and I have only \I386\SVCPACK dir.

It looks like SOURCESS variable is pointing to my HFSLIP main dir (R:\HFSLIP):

"suspicious" code:

IF NOT "%DIAGNOSTIC%"=="1" (

IF EXIST %SOURCESS% RD/Q/S %SOURCESS%

MD %SOURCESS%\I386\SVCPACK

)

same code after executing with @ECHO ON:

IF NOT "" == "1" (

IF EXIST R:\HFSLIP RD/Q/S R:\HFSLIP

MD R:\HFSLIP\I386\SVCPACK

Is there manual / *.ini file for hfslip-1.7.10_beta_K_v1.cmd?

Why SOURCESS is pointing to my HFSLIP main dir (R:\HFSLIP)?

In original hfslip-1.7.10_beta_J_v11.cmd I've got line:

SET SW1=/quiet /norestart

Why did you change it and what these switches do:

SET SW1=/q /n /z

/q = /quiet

/n = /norestart

/z = ?

What is "Fix for missing KB942288 catalog file"?

I have slipstreamed XP with updates to May 2013.

Can I extract & put kb942288-v3.cat to \I386\SVCPACK?

Should I also add line to SVCPACK.INF in [ProductCatalogsToInstall] section:

kb942288-v3.cat

?

That's all?

I was gonna ask if anyone still had a copy of a HFSLIP 2.0 alpha version, but after an extensive search ..

.. it is also available here :whistle: Also note that HFSLIP 2.0 was scripted by Tomcat76

Concerning useful code ..

From changelog:

- new binaries collected from updates are slipstreamed faster into the new source

- in AUTORUN mode

SourcePath

Recovery Console and while on the subject CATCH 22

alternative sourcess location

.. might be of interest as you may already know :yes:

I made some changes to the 1.7.x scripts as well but didn't keep track of them lately due to lack of time (need days with 36h)

Edited by mukke

SET SW1=/q /n /z

/q = /quiet

/n = /norestart

/z = ?

Why do you think that "/n" stands for "/norestart"? This is Microsoft :P "/n" stands for "/nobackup" while it's "/z" to mean "/norestart".

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262841

These short switches are actually better because they work both for new and even very old updates.

hfslip-1.7.10_beta_J_v11.cmd works ok,

but after lunching hfslip-1.7.10_beta_K_v1.cmd

all files in my HFSLIP directory are gone (?!) and I have only \I386\SVCPACK dir.

In original hfslip-1.7.10_beta_J_v11.cmd I've got line:

SET SW1=/quiet /norestart

SET SW1=/q /n /z

What is "Fix for missing KB942288 catalog file"?

I have slipstreamed XP with updates to May 2013.

Can I extract & put kb942288-v3.cat to \I386\SVCPACK?

Should I also add line to SVCPACK.INF in [ProductCatalogsToInstall] section:

kb942288-v3.cat

?

About question 1:

That variable should point to a subfolder within your HFSLIP project!

I have fixed the default variable now in 1.7.10K v2. I should add more protection checks for it in next version though. But remember to always keep a backup of your project folder.

Question 2: I changed the switches to remove uninstall support. This should save some space after installation. You can change this to the old value if you want to keep uninstall support.

Question 3: Yes, that is exactly what that fix does. But please try HFSLIP 1.7.10K v2 :yes:

Edited by Acheron

I have fixed the default variable now in 1.7.10K v2. I should add more protection checks for it in next version though. But remember to always keep a backup of your project folder.

Thanks! Can't wait to test it :).

/now I'm on Win7 and KB942288 update is ignored on non-XP host-OS :/

Question 2: I changed the switches to remove uninstall support.

Thanks to you and tomasz86 for an explanation.

Nice, useful "mod" - BTW: in my modded hfslip-1.7.10_beta_J_v11.cmd

I have (for a long time):

SET SW1=/quiet /norestart /nobackup

:)

Question 3: Yes, that is exactly what that fix does. But please try HFSLIP 1.7.10K v2 :yes:

I'll try it tomorrow.

Thanks for your quick response! Good job :).

Hi !

I've made a test using hfslip-1.7.10_beta_K_v2, there's still a bug unfortunatly.

Test made under WinXP SP3 Vmbox in the strictly same condition as usual when i use Mimo's version. I didnt used any newer option, only stock default settings were used.

(i've didnt edit or mod hfslip-1.7.10_beta_K_v2.cmd)

I've put HFSLIP.LOG and some screeny, here.

As you can see in picture, only one subfolder has been created: I386\Svcpack,and some I386 files

Folder size of I386: 234 Mb

Files created in I386: 829

During hfslip execution, a quickly saw a notice about a missing Exclude.txt or something like this, maybe this is the problem ?

I've didnt see anything else going wrong (i was wront of Hfslip execution during the whole process)

Hope this help !

As you can see in picture, only one subfolder has been created: I386\Svcpack,and some I386 files

I confirm that - after lunching hfslip-1.7.10_beta_K_v2.cmd

(under Win7, so without KB942288) I've got just 2 directories:

R:\HFSLIP\SOURCESS\I386 - 644 files + 1 subdir, 197 558 030 bytes

R:\HFSLIP\SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK - 232 files, 16 005 811 bytes

Looks like it doesn't copy files from SOURCE (XP Pro SP3 PL).

Acheron, did you test it?

Does it work for you?

It seems that not all files are copied when you don't have an exclude.txt file in your HFTOOLS folder. Please download HFSLIP 1.7.10 beta K v2 again with a fix for it.

At the moment I still have some differences between my own test version and the public version, but hopefully I will have everything merged in v3.

Edited by Acheron