Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Acheron

New HFSLIP 1.7.10 beta K v9 build 20150818

Acheron    18

Caps_buster, HFSLIP should create the directories if not found. Weird that it doesn't work in your situation.

Anyway, I have worked on a new feature to redirect HFSLIP command output to a file. This was no longer possibly when I rewrote the script to increase the command prompt window height. By specifying OUTPUTFILE in your HFANSWER file all command output is redirected to a textfile. It has helped me to fix some warning messages already, but it can also help you find superseded updates by looking for the "0 files copied" message in the output stream.

Other change in v9 is the renaming of uiautomationcore.dll (KB2564958) and browserchoice.exe (KB976002) to shortname for DOS based installations.

Acheron    18

I have uploaded build 20150814 to fix integrating xpsp4res.dll and also restores the command prompt window and buffer size on exit.

tomasz86    64

I have created my own fork called HFSLIP 2000 in order to force slipstreaming of XP/2003 updates into Windows 2000 and I wanted to have full control over the process.

Yet, here are some fixes I would suggest to implement:

1. Change

ATTRIB %SOURCESS%\I386\SETUPREG.HIV.LOG -H&DEL/Q/F %SOURCESS%\I386\SETUPREG.HIV.LOG

to

DEL/Q/F/AH "SOURCESS\I386\SETUPREG.HIV*" 2>NULDEL/F "SOURCESS\I386\SETUPREG.HIV.LOG" 2>NUL

The first line removes useless hidden log files created by reg.exe in newer version of Windows and the second one removes the visible LOG file in Windows 2000.

2. Add

:: Check for 7za.exe requirementIF NOT EXIST HFTOOLS\7ZA.EXE (    IF "%HostOS%"=="Vista" (        FOR %%I IN (891122 wmfdist) DO (            IF EXIST "HF\*%%I*" (                ECHO You do not have 7za.exe.&ECHO.&ECHO Press any key to close HFSLIP.&PAUSE >NUL&EXIT            )        )    ))

before

CALL :FOLDERPREP

Wmfdist.exe (included in 891122 but can be used separately too) doesn't run in >=Vista at all so you need 7za.exe to unpack it.

3. Change

IF EXIST HF\wmfdist.exe (    SET MPLEVEL=32&ECHO Processing wmfdist.exe...&MD TEMP\WMPCOD&HF\wmfdist.exe /Q /T:"%PREP%\TEMP\WMPCOD" /C    IF EXIST TEMP\setup_wm.exe DEL/Q/F TEMP\WMPCOD\setup_wm.exe    XCOPY/DHY TEMP\WMPCOD TEMP >NUL&RD/Q/S TEMP\WMPCOD)

to

IF EXIST HF\wmfdist.exe (    SET MPLEVEL=32&ECHO Processing wmfdist.exe...&MD TEMP\WMPCOD    IF "%HostOS%"=="Vista" (        >NUL HFTOOLS\7ZA x HF\wmfdist.exe -o"%PREP%TEMP\WMPCOD" -r    ) ELSE (        START/WAIT HF\wmfdist.exe /Q /T:"%PREP%TEMP\WMPCOD" /C    )    IF EXIST TEMP\setup_wm.exe DEL/Q/F TEMP\WMPCOD\setup_wm.exe    XCOPY/DHY TEMP\WMPCOD TEMP >NUL&RD/Q/S TEMP\WMPCOD)

Use 7za.exe to unpack wmfdist.exe in >=Vista. Feel free to modify this part if you can make it simpler.

4. Change

FOR /F %%I IN ('FINDSTR/VIER "\.SYS \.INF \.ADM \.CHM \.CHQ \.TTF \.HTT \.HLP \.MFL \.MOF" WORK\NSFALL1.TXT') DO ECHO>>%SOURCESS%\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF %%I = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0

and

FOR /F %%I IN ('FINDSTR/IER "\.TTF" WORK\NSFALL1.TXT') DO ECHO>>%SOURCESS%\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF %%I = 1,,,,,,,22,0,0

to

FOR /F %%I IN ('FINDSTR/VIER "\.SYS \.INF \.ADM \.CHM \.CHQ \.TTC \.TTF \.HTT \.HLP \.MFL \.MOF" WORK\NSFALL1.TXT') DO ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF %%I = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0

and

FOR /F %%I IN ('FINDSTR/IER "\.TTC \.TTF" WORK\NSFALL1.TXT') DO ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF %%I = 1,,,,,,,22,0,0

to properly slipstream TTC fonts.

Edited by tomasz86
  • Upvote 1

Acheron    18

Hi Tomasz86, I have added the changes 2 3 and 4, but I don't understand why you need change 1. I have tested the command on Windows 7 and the only file created by reg.exe is SETUPREG.HIV.LOG.

tomasz86    64
Hi Tomasz86, I have added the changes 2 3 and 4, but I don't understand why you need change 1. I have tested the command on Windows 7 and the only file created by reg.exe is SETUPREG.HIV.LOG.

I get something like this:

jdcLlLu.png

This happens in Windows 8.1 and 10 for sure (both x86 and x64). The generated number is different in each case. The files have both system and hidden attributes set.

Just to clarify - you must not have any reg.exe in HFTOOLS (or HFEXPERT\WIN\SYSTEM32) because HFSLIP will use it instead than the system's one.

Edited by tomasz86

Acheron    18

Hi Pica, thanks for reporting this. There was a problem downloading attachments from MSFN.org some time ago. I checked the download link after this was fixed and it worked fine at the time, but after you reported the download link was broken I also got the error message. I have reuploaded the zip file and the download link should work again.

If you keep having trouble downloading attachments please report it and I will add a direct download link to my website.

Edited by Acheron

Acheron    18

I'm working on finding out exactly what features of the HFSLIP 2.0 branch created by Tomcat76 were incorporated into the official HFSLIP version by TommyP.

For this purpose I have examined the HFSLIP changelog and this board to find material. So far I have been able to get copies of HFSLIP 1.7.8, HFSLIP 1.7.9 and latest HFSLIP 2.0 alpha version (June 30, 2008). Tomcat76 published his first alpha on April 28, 2008. I don't know when he started work on his code but I think he branched his version of 1.7.7 or 1.7.8 beta version. Some of his fixes were incorporated into HFSLIP 1.7.8 and 1.7.9.

In that time period lots of different builds were published. I'm interested in any builds from that time period.

There is also some buzz about restricting the use of HFSLIP to non-commercial use only. Older versions of HFSLIP were released as GPL v2 or newer. These versions only had a note that you could use HFSLIP for personal use. It did not restrict the use for other uses (businesses or corporate environments). TommyP released later versions under the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 license.

The problem is that when it comes to restrict running the software for specific purposes only you will have to let users know about the license and have them agree with it. HFSLIP does contain a prompt you have to answer. The problem is that it only asks you to answer if you have read the instructions about using the software. Nowhere is stated that you have to agree with it. I changed the wording to have people read about using HFSLIP to mim0's site, as the original website is no more and it's content was never archived by archive.org.

So anyone can basically run the software for any purpose as the developer does not request you to agree with it.

Edited by Acheron
  • Upvote 1

Acheron    18

I have changed the first post as it listed under features that my modified HFSLIP supports integrating OnePiece IE8 Addon. That is not the case!

My version only supports running HFSLIP after integrating OnePiece IE8 Addon using RVM Integrator 1.6.1 beta 2.1
 (older versions may work, but I only tested this version as it is the latest and contains the least amount of bugs)

Edited by Acheron

rulman    0

Windows Update Agent v7.6.7601.19161

Added new version addon

Windows-KB890830-V5.32.exe
0 dosya kopyalandı

MRT integrate && not integrate 

Windows 7 SP1 x64

Edited by rulman