Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Old Video .MOV files with JPEG or MJPEG compression: needs WMP codec

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

allen2

allen2

Not really Newbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
  • Joined 13-January 06
Mp4 or Mkv are most likely the best future proof containers : while mp4 is more widely used on most portable device, i would prefer mkv as it offer more features and is more open.
As for audio,i'd stay with mp3 for future proof compatibility but flac is the most widely used loseless audio codec.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

DiracDeBroglie

DiracDeBroglie

• PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Joined 07-December 11
I'm running FFmpeg on Windows 7, and tried to use libfdk_aac for high quality audio encoding, but it turned out libfdk_aac is not enabled.

So how can one enable libfdk_aac under windows? I've found some instructions for doing that under Linux/Unix (--enable-libfdk_aac), but I could not find anything for Windows.

Thanks in advance,
j

DiracDeBroglie

DiracDeBroglie

• PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Joined 07-December 11
In FFmpeg I would like to know what all the available profiles are for h264, using the FFmpeg help in the command line. I tried
ffmpeg -h -codecs
which just list me a collection of codec, but the cmd
ffmpeg -h -codecs -h264 -profiles, or any similar syntax without the dashes '-' or with -fullhelp, does not give me a list of available profiles for that video encoder.

Any suggestions how to get deeper in the ffmpeg help funtion?

Thanks,
j

allen2

allen2

Not really Newbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
  • Joined 13-January 06
As said there, you can't redistribute ffmpeg with aac support due to license restriction (while i don't really understand why), you have to compile it yourself as explained there with mingw32 or linux (so cross-compile in this case).
The profiles and other x264 options are described there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN