Topic disappeared

JorgeA

I just went in to see if there had been any replies to my inquiry about e-mail notifications. When I was on the general board, it said that the latest post in the Site & Forum Issues subforum was one about "security surveillance." (See first attachment, below.)

post-287775-0-58191000-1372264651_thumb.

That sounded interesting, so I clicked on it, but the result was an error message saying that the topic could not be found. (See second attachment, below.)

post-287775-0-79953800-1372264622_thumb.

Puzzled, I went into the thread list for the Site & Forum Issues subforum, and the topic isn't listed anywhere!? :unsure: (See third attachment, below.)

post-287775-0-27266700-1372264699_thumb.

I know that sometimes threads/posts turn out to be spam and get eliminated. Maybe that's what happened here? But if so, then why would the topic still appear as the latest post in the subforum?

Just curious. And, it might alert us to something else in the Forum that needs fixing.

--JorgeA

The topic was created by a spammer and has been trashed. Sometimes, threads that are trashed or hidden, if they were the newest reply, will still appear in main index list. Even though the topic isn't actually there. I think that is caused by either session or cookie data.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI (I Logged In, and)

On this webpage, scrolling down to see the listing for topic 'KernalEx 4.5.2':

http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/91-windows-9x-member-projects/

and to the far right of that listed Topic is shown this last post,

(which is currently 'Yesterday, 07:06 PM by

@jumper ') ;

which when clicked on returns (only) this displayed webpage text;

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1031722 bytes) in /home/msfnorg/public_html/board/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(1554) : eval()'d code on line 682"

THEN returning to;

http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/91-windows-9x-member-projects/

and clicking on the (next) topic 'KernelEx Apps Compatibility List (New)', (which is listed below topic KernalEx 4.5.2),

returns (only) this displayed webpage text;

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1344119 bytes) in /home/msfnorg/public_html/board/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3245) : eval()'d code on line 18"

Other topics, which have all LAST posts in which are of OLDER dates (Jun 30 or before), correctly returns

their last post and does not display any problem text as described above.

_

Relevance is that Presumably the above is due to 'Database not recovering' completely(?).

Cheers

Edited by buyerninety