Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Need help in Deleting No-name folder

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

aquaprin90

aquaprin90
  • Banned
  • 1 posts
I read somewhere about the trick to create a no name folder using Alt+255 and now that I have created no name folder in my Vista pc, I am facing problem in deleting or renaming that folder. Can anyone please assist me to delete that folder? :(

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

allen2

allen2

Not really Newbie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
Open command prompt then cd /d the parent folder where the folder was created. Then "dir /x" will show you the 8.3 foldername with a name containing a "~" of your folder and the name you given to it when created at the right side. Now "rd /s " should be able to remove it using its 8.3 foldername.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,515 posts

Donator

Its actually funny. This problem of Explorer not being able to delete a folder named with the "Delete" key is NOT a problem in Vista. It WAS a problem in Win9x however. But in that case, you could only delete it using the command prompt. In XP and further, this problem with Explorer giving the "can't find the file" error no longer exists. :rolleyes:

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developers
  • 13,428 posts
Dir /x is the way to go :thumbup .

JFYI:
http://www.msfn.org/...can-be-omitted/
http://www.msfn.org/...post__p__842843

jaclaz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users